提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)
看电影学英语 Public Enemies 《公众之敌》
-police: Let's go. All the way down and take a seat. Let's go.
走,直走到底,找个位子坐下。走起来,
Stop your dragging. Let's go! Move! Let's go. Let's go.
drag: 拖拉
别拖拖拉拉的。走起来,快点。
-ALL: Let's go! Line up! Line up! Move! Move! Right turn!
line up: 排队
继续走,保持队形。别停,右转。
Stay with me! Keep your head down! Line up! Line up! Everybody ready? Come on.
跟我走!不许抬头!都给我排好!大家都准备好了么,来吧。
Line up! Get off me! Come on. One... Now march us to the changing rooms. two, three. Go.
march: 前进
排好!放开我,快点,一,乖乖跟我们去更衣室。二,三,
Let's go. Line up!
快走,队排好。
-police: I know you. You just got paroled out of here. You didn't last very long. When was that?
parole: 使假释出狱
我记得你,你前两天才刚被保释出去。在外面没安分多久嘛。保释是什么时候的事来着
-John Dillinger: Eight weeks ago.
八周前。
-police: Did nine years. John. John Dillinger.
服刑九年,John. John Dillinger。
-John Dillinger: That's right. My friends call me John.
正是本人,我的兄弟们一般叫我John。
But a son-of-a-bitch screw like you better address me as Mr. Dillinger.
son-of-a-bitch: 王八蛋 screw:[俚语]狱卒
不过你这种婊子养的废柴,最好还是尊称Dillinger先生。
Open it! Open it or I'll blow you in half. Against the wall. Take your clothes off, now!
blow: 殴打
快把门打开!不照办就毙了你。全都靠在墙上不许动,把衣服脱下来,快点!
-Walter: You did it, kid.
你做到了,孩子。
-Red: Sure did, Walter.
当然了,Walter。
-ALL: Give me the goddamn jacket. Red!
goddamn: (受)诅咒的,讨厌的
Red!快把外套脱给我。
-Shouse: Come on. Hurry up! Get undressed. Take your clothes off. Come on.
快点,快脱啊!快把衣服换好,快脱。快点。
You eyeballing me, you son of a bitch?
eyeball: [美国俚语] 眼睛盯着(某人,使他不安)
你TM竟然敢瞪我。
-John Dillinger: Cut it out, Shouse! Shouse! Shouse!
住手Shouse!Shouse!Shouse!
-ALL: Lockdown! Bring them in from the yard! There they are!
lockdown: [美国英语](对犯人的)一级防范禁闭(期) yard: 庭院
戒严!等他们到操场上来就开枪!他们出现了!
-John Dillinger: Walter! Come on. Walter Dietrich's dead 'cause of you.
Walter快。你害死了Walter Dietrich。
-Shouse: The bastard guard wouldn't do what he was told, Johnny.
bastard: [粗俗语]混蛋
是那个该死的守卫没有按我们说的做Johnny。
-John Dillinger: Homer?
Homer?
-Homer: Just let him have it, Johnny.
别跟他废话,一枪崩了算了Johnny。
-John Dillinger: Pete?
Pete?
-Pete: up to you.
随便你。
-John Dillinger: How far is the farm?
到农场还有多远。
-Homer: 3.2 miles.
3.2英里(约5公里)。
-ALL: We're ready!
准备好了!
-Man: Okay. Let's go!
好,出发!
-Red: Burn these, okay, honey?
帮我把这些都烧了好么,亲爱的?
-Pete: Thanks for getting us out, Red.
谢谢你救我们出来Red。
-Red: It was Johnny's plan.
行动计划是Johnny策划的。
-Pete: Yeah, but thanks.
我知道,还是谢谢你。
-Women: Take me with you, mister.
mister: 先生
先生,请把我一起带走吧。
-John Dillinger: I can't, darling. I'm sorry.
我不能这么做,亲爱的,很抱歉。
-Man: Welcome back, Pete. Let's go to Chicago and make some money.
Chicago: 芝加哥
欢迎回来,Pete。咱去芝加哥大捞一笔吧。
-Melvin: Floyd, halt!
halt: 停止
Floyd站住!
-police: Melvin, look out!
Melvin当心!
-Melvin: Pretty Boy Floyd, you are under arrest.
arrest: 逮捕
漂亮男孩Floyd你被捕了。
-Floyd: It's Charles. Charles Floyd. Who are you?
我叫Charles,Charles Floyd。你是谁?
-Melvin: Melvin Purvis, Bureau of Investigation. Where is your friend, Harry Campbell?
Bureau of Investigation: 调查局 bureau: 局 investigation: 调查
Melvin Purvis,FBI。你朋友Harry Campbell在哪儿?
-Floyd: I believe you've killed me.
竟然栽在你的手里。
-Melvin: So you can go rot in hell.
rot: 腐烂 hell: 地狱
祝你下十八层地狱,永世不得翻身。
-Women: Sport.
Sport。
-John Dillinger: Red, call Oscar.
Red,打电话给Oscar。
-Red: Okay.
好。
-Pete: Hi, there, doll. Let's switch out the shorts.
doll: [俚语](尤指金发碧眼的)漂亮妞 switch: 转换 shorts: [常用复数]小件衣服(尤指内衣)
好啊,美人儿,换掉睡衣吧。
-John Dillinger: We gonna use Berman?
我们这次准备用Berman么?
-Pete: Yeah. Get a Plymouth and an Essex. Where them other gals?
gal: <口>女孩
是的,找了一辆Plymouth,一辆埃Essex,其他的妞呢?
-John Dillinger: You get a hold of Marty?
get a hold of: 与...联系
你和Marty相处融洽么?
-Women: Sure did.
当然了。
-Sport: How you doing, Mr. Johnny?
最近好么,Johnny先生?
-John Dillinger: Doing great, Sport.
不错,Sport。
-John Dillinger: The main spring's too tight on this one. Jammed twice.
tight: 紧的 jam: 堵塞
这支枪的主机簧太紧,都卡住过两次了。
-Man: I cut off one coil.
cut off: 切断 coil: 线圈
我可以拆掉一个线圈。
-John Dillinger: And it rides up and to the right.
ride up: 慢慢向上拱
射击时容易滑向偏右上方。
-Man: I widen port.
widen: 弄宽 port:炮口的门
我会把枪口调大。
-Harry: Hey, Red.
嘿Red。
-Red: Hi, Harry. Harry, this is Pete. Pete, this is Harry Berman.
嗨,Harry。Harry,这是Pete, Pete这位是Harry Berman。
-Harry: Hi, Pete. How you doing?
嗨,Pete,你好。
-Pete: So, what do we got?
车子准备得怎么样了?
-Harry: Got a couple of nice straight eights. Bored them out. Rebuilt the carburetors myself.
straight: 直的 rebuilt: 重新组装 carburetor: 汽化器 bore out: 为...作证(显出)
弄到一些八汽缸直排式汽車,保证性能超群,我自己重组了汽化器。
These are some really fast cars.
这款车车速真的很快。
Perfect work cars for a couple of gentlemen.
对体面的绅士们来说绝对是上乘之选。
-Marty: Johnny, how are you?
Johnny,最近如何?
-John Dillinger: Good. Marty, tell me that me and my boys are okay.
不错,Marty。保证我和兄弟们都安全。
-Marty: As long as you stay in East Chicago, you're in safe haven, any time you want.
haven: 港口
只要你们在芝加哥东部待着。那儿就是你们的安全港,悉听尊便。
-John Dillinger: Extra cake's in here.
一点心意。
-Marty: Thanks.
谢啦。
-John Dillinger: Hey, Anna.
好啊Anna。
-Anna: I opened up in Chicago on Halsted now. Come by and see the girls.
我现在在芝加哥的哈斯特大街也有分店了,有空来看看姑娘们哦。
-ALL: How are you? On the floor! Now! Now! Do it! Do it! On the floor, now! Now!
你好啊?都趴下!快!照我说的做!趴下!快点!
-John Dillinger: Let's play a game, Mr. President. It's called Spin the Dial.
spin: 旋转 dial: 转盘
我们来玩个游戏吧,行长,叫做“转开密码盘”。
-ALL: You, hands up! Come on. And, you, sit down! On the floor!
你,举起手来!快点,还有你,坐下!在地上趴好!
-John Dillinger: Relax, pops. Open it up.
pop:(也用作对老年人的昵称)大爷
大叔,别紧张。快打开。
-ALL: Empty it! Move, move! Shut up!
把钱都拿出来,快点,闭嘴!
-Man: It's one of these.
这堆中的某个钥匙。
-John Dillinger: You can be a dead hero or a live coward. Get it open.
coward: 懦夫
你有两种选择,要么挺尸的英雄,要么苟活的懦夫。快点打开。
-ALL: All of it! You, hands up. Come on! Empty it! All of it! Hey, sit down! Push it to me! 全部都拿来!你,举起手来,快点!把钱都拿出来,全部!嘿,坐下!把包推给我!
And don't move! We got company!
不许动!警察到了!
Move out of there!
快离开那!
-John Dillinger: You can put it away. Not here for your money. Here for the bank's money.
收起来吧,我们来抢的是银行的钱,不要你的。
-police: I said, move it out of there!
我说了,快离开这儿!
-Man: What for?
为什么?
-John Dillinger: Come here, sister. Let's take a ride.
过来,女士,我们出去走走。
-ALL: Get down!
趴下!
-John Dillinger: Beat it. You, too, sister. Come here. There you go, doll. Something to
remember me by.
逃过一劫,你也是一样,女士。过来。给你,美人儿,留个纪念呗。
You know, when I'm not doing this, I'm a scout for the movies.
scout: 星探
我不抢银行的时候可是个电影星探呢。
-Women: Really?
真的?
-Pete: Join hands.
双手合拢。
-Man: We'll freeze here!
freeze: 冻死
我们会在这儿冻死的!
-Pete: No. You'll worm your way out of there in about 10 minutes.
不会,十分钟内你就能从绳索里挣脱出来了。
-McKellar: Why do we need this?
我们在这儿干嘛?
-Hoover: Because criminals flee in fast automobiles across state lines, thereby defeating
local jurisdiction
criminal: 罪犯 flee: 逃跑 automobile: 汽车 thereby: 因此 defeat: 击败 jurisdiction: 管辖权 state line: 州界线
罪犯犯案后开车快速地跨越州际线钻了管辖权上的空子,
because there is no federal police force to stop them.
federal: 联邦的
因为没有相关的联邦警力能够有权阻止他们。
-McKellar: By my tally, your Bureau wants to spend more taxpayers' dollars catching crooks than what the crooks you catch stole in the first place.
tally: 统计bureau: 办公处 taxpayer: 纳税人 crook: 恶棍 steal: 偷盗
我的理解是,您的部门就是想再花更多纳税人的钱去抓坏蛋,而实际上被那些坏蛋抢去的钱还没那么多呢。
-Hoover: Well, that's ridiculous.
ridiculous: 荒谬的
这说法太荒谬了,
The Bureau has apprehended kidnappers and bank robbers who have stolen up to and in excess of...
apprehend: 逮捕 kidnapper: 绑架者 robber: 盗贼 in excess of: 超过
我的部门所捕获的罪犯,那些绑匪和银行抢劫犯所偷盗的数额已经多达……
-McKellar: Really? How many have you apprehended?
真的?那您到底抓了多少个呢?
-Hoover: We have arrested and arraigned 213 wanted felons.
arrest: 逮捕 arraign: 提讯 felon: 重罪犯
我们逮捕并起诉了213名要犯。
-McKellar: No, I mean you, Director Hoover. How many?
不,我指的是您,Hoover局长,您抓了多少?
-Hoover: Well, as Director, I administer.
administer: 管理
呃,我是局长,我负责管理。
-McKellar: How many have you arrested personally?
personally: 亲自地
那您个人抓到过多少个罪犯呢?
-Hoover: I have never arrested anybody.
一个也没有。
-McKellar: You've never arrested anybody.
您一个罪犯都没有抓到过。
-Hoover: Well, of course not. I am an administrator. With no field experience.
field: 地,田地;在实地工作的
呃,当然没有过,我是个管理人员,完全没有实战经验的管理人员。
-McKellar: You are shockingly unqualified, aren't you, sir?
shocking: 过份的 unqualified: 不合格的,
您还真是惊人地不称职呢,不是么?
You have never personally conducted a criminal investigation in the field in your life. conduct: 指导 investigation: 调查
您一生中从未亲自带领部员去实地调查罪案过,
I think you're a front.
我以为您奋战在前线。
I think your prowess as a lawman is a myth created from the hoopla of headlines by Mr. Suydam, your publicist there.
prowess: 英勇 lawman: 执法官 myth: 谎言 hoopla: [口语]大吹大擂的宣传 headline: (新闻报道等的)题目 publicist: 政治记者
其实您的英勇传说只是由您的新闻发言人Suydam先生终日吹嘘而营造出的假象吧。
Crimebusters, G-men, you're setting yourself up as a czar? That's running wild in my estimation.
crimebusters: 【暴力破坏者】 czar: (俄国)沙皇 estimation: 判断 G-men: 美国联邦调查局人员
罪案终结者,猛龙特警队你是不是还认为自己是凯撒大帝呢?在我看来这未免有些猖獗了。
-Hoover: A crime is what runs wild.
wild: 为非作歹的
犯罪行为才是真正猖獗的。
-McKellar: If this country requires a Bureau such as yours,
就算国家十分需要你们这样的部门,
I question whether you are the person fit to run it.
我的疑问是您是否称职。
-Hoover: Well, I will not be judged by a kangaroo court of venal politicians.
judge: 裁决 kangaroo: 非法的 court: 法院 venal: 贿赂的 politician: 政治家
我可不接受一帮贪赃枉法的政治家组成的非法法庭的评判。
-McKellar: Your appropriation increase is denied.
appropriation: 拨款 deny: 拒绝同意
您的拨款申请被驳回。
-Hoover: Feed the following to Walter Winchell.
将我接下来的话告诉Walter Winchell。
McKellar is a Neanderthal, and he is on a personal vendetta to destroy me.
vendetta: 仇杀
McKellar是尼安得特人,他正策划把我们两家的世仇报在我身上,
We will not contest him in his committee room.
contest: 争论 committee: 委员会
在他的委员会办公室跟他对峙是没用的。
We will fight him on the front page. Where is John Dillinger? Agent Purvis, congratulations.
agent: 代理人
我们要借助媒体跟他斗争到底,John Dillinger在哪儿?Purvis探员,恭喜。
-Purvis: Thank you, sir. May I ask why?
谢谢您,长官。我能请问这是为何吗?
-Henry Suydam: They're ready for him.
记者都在门外等着了。
-Hoover: This is Henry Suydam. He is our expert in press relations.
press: 新闻界
这位是Henry Suydam,他是我们的媒体关系咨询专家。
Congratulations for Pretty Boy Floyd, for which you have my personal gratitude. Second, you are, as of this moment,
gratitude: 感激之情
恭喜您成功抓获“漂亮男孩”Floyd,我要向您表示我个人的衷心感谢,其次您目前是,
the Special Agent in Charge of the Chicago field office. Are you up to that task, Agent Purvis?
芝加哥办事处的负责人,你准备好接受这项艰巨的任务了么?Purvis探员。
-Purvis: Absolutely, sir.
是的,长官。
-Hoover: Good afternoon, gentlemen.
下午好,先生们。
Today, I am declaring the United States of America's first War on Crime.
declare: 宣布
今天,我要首次正式向美国犯罪分子宣战,
And I'd like to introduce one of our finest G-men, Agent Melvin Purvis.
G-men: 美国联邦调查局人员
向你们介绍我们最优秀的FBI探员之一,Melvin Purvis探员。
Agent Purvis will be in charge of the field office in Chicago, the center of the crime wave sweeping America.
sweep: 席卷 in charge of: 负责
Purvis探员将负责带领芝加哥分局,而芝加哥正是覆盖我国全境的罪恶大潮的中心。
His task will be to get Public Enemy Number One, John Dillinger.
他的任务就是缉拿头号公敌John Dillinger。
-Journalist: Director? Mr. Purvis?
局长?Purvis先生?
-Hoover: Say a few words, would you?
说两句吧?Purvis先生。
-Journalist: Mr. Purvis, how did you run down Pretty Boy Floyd?
run down: 使...变弱;追获
您是怎样抓捕到“漂亮男孩”Floyd的呢?
-Purvis: Through an apple orchard.
orchard: 果树林
追过了一片苹果园。
-Hoover: Mr. Tolson, when he's done, you tell him if he needs anything, you'll get it for him.
Tolson先生,他讲完话后你转告他如果他有什么需要你都会满足他的,
And tell him he may call me J. E.
还有告诉他叫我J.E。
-Journalist: Yeah, but people say John Dillinger's a lot smarter and a lot tougher.
tough: 强硬的 smart: 聪明的
但是传言John Dillinger老奸巨猾,难以捉摸。
-Purvis: Well, nevertheless, we will get him.
nevertheless: 无论如何
无论如何我们都会把他缉拿归案的。
-Journalist: What makes you so sure?
您为什么这么自信呢?
-Purvis: We have two things Dillinger does not.
我们有两样是Dillinger没有的。
-Journalist: What are they?
是什么呢?
-Purvis: The Bureau's modern techniques of fighting crime scientifically and the visionary leadership of our Director, J. Edgar Hoover.
technique: 技术 scientifically: 科学的 visionary: 有先见之明的 leadership: 领导
FBI与犯罪分子斗争的利器 -- 高端科技以及高瞻远瞩的领导人才我们的局长J. Edgar Hoover。
-Pete: The broad over there is looking at me. She likes me. How you doing, sweetheart?
sweetheart: 情人
那边那婆娘一直在偷瞄我呢,她看上我了。你好啊,小甜心?
-John Dillinger: Alvin. Good to see you.
Alvin,很高兴见到你。
-Alvin: How you doing?
最近还好吧?
-John Dillinger: Homer. Pete.
Homer. Pete。
-Alvin: Me, Freddy and Doc are looking to snatch a fellow. He's a Saint Paul banker, Ed Bremer.
snatch: 抢夺
我,Freddy还有多可正计划去抓个人是圣保罗的一个银行家叫Ed Bremer,
We need a few more hands.
我们还要找几个帮手。
-John Dillinger: I don't like kidnapping.
kidnap: 绑架
我不玩绑架的。
-Alvin: Well, robbing banks is getting tougher.
最近抢银行是越来越困难了。
-John Dillinger: The public don't like kidnapping.
公众可不会乐意看到绑架案的。
-Alvin: Who gives a damn what the public likes?
damn: [作诅咒或强调用]该,该死
谁他妈还有空关心公众的喜好啊?
-John Dillinger: I do. I hide out among them. We gotta care what they think.
hide out: 隐匿处 gotta: =have got to
我关心,平时就靠他们藏匿行踪了我们必须要考虑到他们的想法。
-Alvin: We also got a mail train we're looking at, too.
mail: 邮寄
我们也还有一辆货运列车要关心呢。
-John Dillinger: By the way, if somebody was to get pinched, who knows their way around?
pinch: [俚语]逮捕
对了,要是有人被抓了,找谁帮忙好?
-Alvin: Syndicate lawyer named Piquett, Louis Piquett. We all use him.
syndicate: 联合组织
一个叫Louis Piquett的财团法律顾问我们有问题都找他。
-John Dillinger: What's it all about, this train?
这次的目标就是那趟列车?
-Alvin: Syndicate Needs two or three more real right guys to stick it up. Be ready in a couple of months.
stick up: [口语](持枪)抢劫
需要两到三个靠得住的人一起去抢,几个月内就能准备好行动了。
About $1,700,000. It's a Federal Reserve shipment. It's the kind of score you go away on after.
federal: 联邦的 reserve: 贮存 score: [俚语]抢到(钱财等) shipment: 运载的货物
大概值170万联邦储备物资的货运车,这可是干完了就可以光荣退休的大手笔。
-John Dillinger: Where you gonna go?
gonna: =going to
你准备去哪儿?
-Alvin: I don't know. Brazil, Cuba. I like Varadero Beach. What about you?
beach: 海滩
还没决定,大概巴西或者古巴吧,我很中意瓦拉德罗海滩。你呢?
-John Dillinger: No plans.
还没做过规划。
-Alvin: Yeah, well, you ought to. What we're doing won't last forever.
ought to: 应当
好吧,但是你也该想想了,我们不能一辈子都干这个。
-John Dillinger: We're having too good a time today. We ain't thinking about tomorrow. 尽情享受今日的狂欢,不要急着忧患未来。
Keep me in mind on the train, would you?All right. Thanks.
keep in mind: 记住
抢货车的活儿算我一个,谢了。
-Homer: You know how much they made taking that Hamm Brewery guy? $100,000.
你知道他们把Hamm Brewery弄出来要了多少么?十万美金。
-John Dillinger: Simmer down, Homer.
simmer down: [俚语]使平静
冷静点,Homer。
-Homer: Come on, fellas. Let's go to the bar. I got three broads convinced I own the place.
fella: 小伙子 convince: 信服 broad: [俚语、轻蔑粗俗语]娘儿们
来吧兄弟们,我们去吧台坐会儿。有三个婆娘以为我是这儿的老板呢。
-Pete: See you.
一会儿见。
-John Dillinger: Is Homer staying steady enough?
Homer现在情绪还稳定吧?
-Red: Homer's fine.
Homer没问题的。
-John Dillinger: One rule I learned from Walter Dietrich, never work with people who are desperate.
desperate: 绝望的
我从Walter Dietrich那儿学来的准则之一,永远不要跟绝望的人合作。
-Red: Yeah, well, I got a rule, too. Stay away from the women.
好吧,我这儿也有个准则,离女人远点。
-John Dillinger: Without women, it's like back in the stir.
stir: [俚语]监牢
没有女人跟回去蹲监狱有什么分别。
-Red: That's why they invented whores. Hey, hey, Anna.
whore: 妓女
这就是妓女存在的原因,嘿Anna。
-Anna: How are you doing, big boy?
最近还好吧,小伙子?
-Red: Who's this?
这位是?
-Anna:Veronica.
Veronica。
-Red: Veronica, Red.
你好,我叫Red。
-Anna:Hi, Johnny.
好啊Johnny。
-John Dillinger: Hey, Anna. I don't know why you gave that fellow the go-by,
go-by: <俗>不理
嗨,Anna,不知道你为什么就不再搭理那个男人了。
but I'm awful glad you did. What's your name?
awful:非常的
但我很高兴你这么做了,你叫什么。
-Billie Frechette: Billie Frechette
Billie Frechette 。
-John Dillinger: Can I buy you a drink?
能请你喝杯酒么?
-Billie Frechette: Okay. You got a name?
好啊,你有名字么?
-John Dillinger: Yeah. Jack.
当然,我叫Jack。
-Billie Frechette: You dance, Jack?
你会跳舞么Jack?
-John Dillinger: I don't know how.
不太会。
-Billie Frechette: Come on. How come you don't know how to dance?
跟我来,你怎么可能不会跳舞呢?
-John Dillinger: Frechette. That French?
Frechette,是法国名字么?
-Billie Frechette: On my father's side. There's an "e" at the end. This is a two-step.
我爸爸是法国人,词尾有个“e”的,这个叫两步舞。
-Song: *Blackbird**Where somebody waits for me**Sugar's sweet, so is he*
sugar: 糖
*黑鸟**那儿有人为我等候**蜜糖般甜美如他*
-John Dillinger: Daddy's French. What's on the other side?
爸爸是法国人,那妈妈呢?
-Billie Frechette: My mama's a Menominee Indian, okay? Most men don't like that.
我妈妈是梅诺米尼印第安人,行了吧?大部分男人很不待见这一点。
-John Dillinger: I ain't most men.
ain': =am not
我不属于“大部分男人”。
-Billie Frechette: Yeah? And I've been a dice girl, and I check coats at the Steuben Club. dice: 骰子 check: 检查
是么?我是赌场女郎,在斯道尔本俱乐部帮客人管大衣,
And what do you do?
你是干什么工作的?
-John Dillinger: I'm catching up. Meeting somebody like you, dark and beautiful, like that bird in that song.
catching up:久别后的寒喧
我是来认识些人的,为了来遇见你这样的人儿,暗黑而美丽就像歌里的那只鸟一样。
-Song: *Blackbird, bye-bye**No one here can love**Or understand me*
*黑鸟再会**无人能够给予我爱**和理解*
-John Dillinger: You cold?
你冷么?
-Billie Frechette: What is it exactly you do for a living?
你到底是做什么工作的呢?
-John Dillinger: I'm John Dillinger. I rob banks. That's where all these people here put their money.
我叫John Dillinger我是银行抢劫犯,就是这些人存放他们大把钞票的地方。
-Billie Frechette: Why did you tell me that? You could have made up a story.
你为什么要跟我说真话?你完全可以随便编个故事的。
-John Dillinger: I'm not gonna lie to you.
gonna: =going to
我不想骗你。
-Billie Frechette: That's a serious thing to say to a girl you just met.
对一个刚见面的姑娘说这样的话未免太正式了吧。
-John Dillinger: I know you.
我了解你。
-Billie Frechette: Well, I don't know you.
好吧,但是我不认识你。
I haven't been anyplace. Well, some of the places I've been ain't so hot.
我没去过什么地方但是我去过的一些地方远远没有这么火辣,
Where I'm going is a whole lot better.
而我将要到达的地方可是要好多了。
-John Dillinger: Want to come along?
有兴趣一起来么?
-Billie Frechette: Boy, you are in a hurry!
in a hurry: 匆忙
天哪,你可真性急!
-John Dillinger: If you were looking at what I'm looking at, you'd be in a hurry, too.
换做你是我,看到如此如花美眷,也会把持不住的。
-Billie Frechette: Well, it's me they're looking at this time.
好吧,现在他们都盯着我看。
-John Dillinger: You're beautiful.
那是惊艳于你的美貌。
-Billie Frechette: They're looking at me because they're not used to having a girl in their restaurant in a $3 dress.
他们在盯着我看是因为他们不习惯看到,在高级餐厅里出现一个穿着廉价礼裙的姑娘。
-John Dillinger: Listen, doll. That's 'cause they're all about where people come from. 听好了,美人儿。那是因为他们只关心人的先天背景,
The only thing that's important is where somebody's going.
而真正重要的是人后天谋求的成就。
-Billie Frechette: Where are you going?
那你想谋求怎样的成就呢?
-John Dillinger: Anywhere I want. Let's get out of here.
那就看我心情了。我们走吧。
-Gil: Hey, Johnny!
嘿Johnny!
-John Dillinger: Go wait for me outside. Gil.
到外面等我。Gil。
-Gil: Ever since I got out, I've been working for Frank Nitti.
出来后我一直在Frank Nitti手下做事。
These guys are connected to everybody all over the country now.
他们的关系网遍布整个美国大陆。
-John Dillinger: He looks like a barber.
barber: 理发师
看起来像个剃头的一样。
-Phil D'Andrea: Phil D'Andrea.
Phil D'Andrea,
Every time I read about one of your bank jobs where you give the customers back their money, you crack me up.
crack up: 赞扬
每次我读到你抢银行的那些轶事,你把顾客的钱还给他们什么的,我对你的青睐就多一份。
You need anything, ask Gilbert. Gilbert knows how to find me.
你有什么需要直接跟Gilbert说。Gilbert知道怎么联系我。
-John Dillinger: Thank you. Where'd that girl go?
谢谢。刚才那女孩去哪儿了?
-Man: I don't know, sir. She jumped in a cab and took off.
cab: 出租汽车
我也不知道,先生,她跳进辆出租车就离开了。
-Radio: This is Lowell Thomas.
我是Lowell Thomas。
From West Virg inia comes accusations by the Carnegie CoaI company of Red influence on the United Mine Workers' strike.
accusation: 指控 coaI: 煤 influence: 影响 strike: 罢工
弗吉尼亚西部消息,卡内基石油公司指责全美煤矿工人联合罢工,使企业蒙受巨大损失。
Meanwhile, in Racine, Wisconsin, after raiding the American Trust Bank, Public Enemy Number One John Dillinger
raid: 劫掠
与此同时,在突袭了威斯康辛州瑞辛的一家美国信托银行后头号公敌John Dillinger,
roams the wilds pursued by the hounds of justice.
roam: 闲逛 pursue: 追捕 justice: 审判
正受到警方的全力追捕。
And in Geneva, the League of Nations voted the USSR full membership.
league: 联盟 vote: 投票 membership: 成员资格 hound: 追捕
在日内瓦举行的国际联合会上全票通过了授以苏联席位的决议。
-Baum: According to the bank teller, Barbara Patzke, this is John Dillinger's coat.
经银行员工Barbara Patzke指认这件是John Dillinger的大衣,
It's made by Shragge Quality out of St. Louis.
St. Louis: 圣路易斯
圣路易斯制造,
Price, $35, windproof 32-ounce wool. Top stitching.
windproof: 防风的 wool: 羊毛 ounce: 盎司 stitch: 针脚
35美金,防风的32盎司羊毛,外针脚。
-Purvis: Thank you, Agent Baum.
谢谢,Baum探员。
Agents in our offices across the country are identifying every store in the United States that sold this overcoat.
identify: 识别 overcoat: 大衣
遍布全国各地的我局探员正挨个搜索出售这件大衣的店家,
Then we will cross-reference every Dillinger associate at locales where that coat was sold.
cross-reference: 前后对照 associate: 有关联的
然后我们将去调查每个Dillinger可能去购买此外套的地点,
He was in a place.
总能找到他的。
He got cold. He bought a coat. Unless he was traveling through, he was being harbored nearby.
harbore: 藏匿 nearby: 附近
他也会觉得冷,就会去买大衣。除非他已经偷渡到国外,否则应该就藏匿在附近。
If he returns, we will be there. It is by such methods that our Bureau will get John Dillinger.
method: 方法
如果他再次现身,我们就将他一举抓获。我们局就是要靠这样的方法缉捕John Dillinger。
Now, Doris, would you please contact the Chicago area telephone exchange supervisors.
exchange: 交换 supervisor: 管理人
Doris请帮我接通芝加哥电信局主管,
There are six. Request appointments for Carter Baum and myself.
request: 请求 appointment: 约会
在六线上请求和我还有Carter Baum会个面。
Gentlemen, shortly you will be provided Thompson submachine guns, BARs and a.351 Winchester semi-automatic rifle.
submachine: 子机 Thompson: 汤普逊(姓) Winchester: 温切斯特 semi-automatic: 半自动的 rifle: 步枪
先生们。你们马上将装备上汤普森冲锋枪,勃朗宁自动步枪,以及351口径温彻斯特半自动步枪。
We are pursuing hardened killers. They will be dangerous.
pursue: 追捕 hardened: 有经验的
我们追缉的是棘手的杀人犯,他们极端危险,
And those of you who aren't prepared for that should go.
没准备好的人可以离开。
And if you are going to go, please go now.
如果你们想退出,请立即出列。
-police: This is a phone call conversation from a car dealership from 27 minutes ago. Harry Berman.
dealership: 商品特许经营商
这是27分钟前一家车行里的电话会议记录。Harry Berman。
-Recording: When you drop it, leave the keys on the floorboard. I got a DeSoto. floorboard: 地板 deSoto: 德索托
你把车开来以后把车钥匙放在地板上,我有一辆迪索托,
Okay. Interior's no good.
interior: 内部
好的。里面状况可不是太好。
-Purvis: How did we get to Berman?
我们要怎么找到Berman呢?
-police: Off the Dillinger coat. The coat was bought in Cicero, lllinois, a few doors down from Berman's dealership.
从Dillinger的大衣入手。那件大衣是在伊利诺斯州西塞罗买的,跟Berman的车行很近。
Now, we know Berman. He's been supplying cars to the Syndicate since Capone.
syndicate: 财团
我们调查过Berman。自从Capone事件后他就一直向财团提供车辆,
When Dillinger bought that coat, he must have been at Berman's switching cars.
switching: 倒换
Dillinger肯定是在Berman的车行里看车的期间,出去买的那件大衣。
-Purvis: As soon as they call to drop the DeSoto, we'll tail it. I want men on this around the clock.
tail: 跟踪 clock: [俚语]注视
只要他们打电话要取那辆迪索托,就派人跟踪。派人在街区周围全天监视。
-Billie Frechette: May I check your coat, sir?
check: 暂时存放
能帮你把大衣挂起来么?
-John Dillinger: Yes, thank you. You ran out on me.
run out: 用尽
好的,谢谢。你逃走了。
-Billie Frechette: You left me standing on the sidewalk.
on the sidewalk: 在人行道上
是你先冷落我的。
-John Dillinger: If you're gonna be my girl, you're gonna have to swear to me that you'll never ever do that again.
gonna: =going to swear: 发誓
你要是想做我的女人就得发誓以后不再做这样的事了。
-Billie Frechette: Hey, I'm not your girl.
听着,我不是你的女人。
-Man: Brown overcoat.
是棕色的那件外套。
-Billie Frechette: And I'm not gonna say that.
我才不会发那种誓。
-John Dillinger: I'm waiting.
我在等诶。
-Man: So am I.
我也是。
-John Dillinger: I'm never gonna run out on you ever again. Say the words.
我永远不会离开你,照着说。
-Billie Frechette: No.
不。
-Man: My coat.
我的大衣。
-John Dillinger: Well, I ain't ever gonna run out on you, and that's a promise.
好吧,我永远不会离开你,这是我的承诺。
-Man: Well, I want to run out of here, so, lady...
而我现在想离开这儿了,小姐那…
-John Dillinger: Hit the road, sport. Keep the tip. You ain't getting other people's hats hit the road: [美国俚语]滚蛋 tip: 小费
快滚吧,小费就免了。
and coats no more neither.
neither: 不再
你也不用再为别人挂衣帽了。
-Billie Frechette: Why'd you do that?
你为什么要这么做?
-John Dillinger: 'Cause you're with me now.
'cause: =because
因为你现在是我的女人了。
-Billie Frechette: I don't know anything about you.
我根本不了解你。
-John Dillinger: I was raised on a farm in Mooresville, Indiana.
raise: 养育 Mooresville: 摩斯威尔(位于美国北卡罗莱纳州)
我在印第安纳州穆尔斯维尔的一个农场长大,
My mama died when I was three. My daddy beat the hell out of me
beat the hell out of: 痛打
三岁的时候妈妈死了,爸爸经常把我往死里打。
'cause he didn't know no better way to raise me.
因为他不知道怎样才能更好地教育我,
I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars, whiskey and you.
whiskey: 威士忌
我喜欢棒球、电影、漂亮衣服、跑车、威士忌还有你。
What else you need to know? Have a seat.
你还想知道些什么?坐吧。
-Billie Frechette: You been living here long?
你一直住在这儿么?
-John Dillinger: Yeah. Since yesterday.
是啊。昨天到的。
-Man: Hey.
嘿。
-John Dillinger: I got you something.
我要送你样东西。
-Billie Frechette: When I was a girl, we went to live on the reservation in Flandreau reservation: 保留地
我小时候住在弗兰德鲁的福利院,
'cause my daddy died.
因为我父亲去世了。
In Flandreau, nothing ever happened.
在弗兰德鲁,什么事都没有发生。
And when I was 13, I went to live in Milwaukee with my Aunt Ines. We had a lot of Indian friends,
Milwaukee: 密尔沃基[美国威斯康星州东南部港市]
13岁后,我住到了密尔沃基州的阿姨Ines家交了很多印第安朋友,
and we went around to churches and put on plays. And nothing exciting ever happened there, either.
church: 教堂
我们去各处的教堂演出,那里也没发生过什么有意思的事儿,
So I haven't been anywhere or done anything except come to Chicago and try to make my way.
pack: 包装,捆扎 make way: 前进
所以我这辈子除了来芝加哥外,没干过任何特别的事没去过任何特别的地方,只是想走好 自己的路就行了。
You're all packed.
你都打包好了。
-John Dillinger: Well, baby, I'm gonna take you with me.
好了,宝贝儿。我要带你一起走,
And you're gonna start a whole new exciting kind of life.
你今后将体验一种完全不同的刺激人生。
-Billie Frechette: And what do you want?
你想要什么?
-John Dillinger: Everything. Right now.
所有的一切。就是现在。
-Purvis: Purvis.
Purvis。
-Carter: Berman dropped the DeSoto at Sherone Apartments 20 minutes ago.
DeSoto: 德索托 apartment: 公寓大楼
Berman二十分钟前把迪索托停在谢隆公寓门口。
Men go in and out of an apartment rented to a Miss Vi Scott.
rent to: 把…租给…
有人在Vi Scott租的房子里进进出出,
They carry heavy suitcases. One of them looks like Dillinger.
suitcase: 手提箱
都拎着很沉的手提箱,其中一人看上去像 Dillinger。
-Purvis: Where are your men?
你的人在哪里?
-Carter: In cars on Clarendon and Wilson Avenue.
avenue: 大街
在卡拉伦登大道和威尔逊大道的车里。
-Purvis: Blocking vehicles? The alley? Who has a line of sight on the DeSoto to you? block: 阻塞 vehicle: 车辆 alley: 巷
需要封锁交通和巷道么?是谁汇报看到迪索托停下的?
Are they aware that we are here? Any rapid movements?
aware: 知道的
他们知道我们在这吗?有可疑吗?
-Carter: No.
没有。
-Purvis: Carter, you keep an eye on the DeSoto from there. Barton, you're with me.
Carter。你在那里盯着迪索托。Barton,你跟我来。
-Scott: Yes?
你是?
-Purvis: I'm Special Agent Melvin Purvis, Miss Scott. Are you here by yourself?
Scott小姐,我是Melvin Purvis探员。您一个人在家么?
-Scott: No. I'm here with my fianc?
fianc: 未婚夫
不,和我未婚夫一起。
-Purvis: And what is your fianc’s name?
您未婚夫叫什么名字?
-Scott: Leonard McHenry.
Leonard McHenry.
-Purvis: May we come in?
我们能进去么?
-Scott: Well, please. I'm perfectly safe, but come on in.
呃,请进。我很安全,不过请进。
-Man: Something wrong?
发生什么事了么?
-Purvis: You have identification?
identification: 身份的证明
您有身份证件吗?
-Man: Yeah, sure. Honey, would you get my driver's license? It's in my jacket pocket.
license: 执照
当然。亲爱的,把我驾照拿来好吗?在我夹克口袋里。
-Scott: Sure.
好的。
-Man: I know you. You're... You're Melvin Purvis. Right? Yeah. I seen your picture.
我认识你。你是……你叫elvin Purvis没错吧?肯定没错,我看过你的照片。
-Purvis: And what do you do for a living, Leonard?
你做什么工作,Leonard?
-Man: I travel in ladies' shoes. Show him, honey.
我做女鞋生意的。给他看看,亲爱的。
-Scott: Cute, huh?
很漂亮吧?
-Purvis: Well, you enjoy the rest of your dinner, Mr. McHenry.
dinner: 晚餐
请您接着享用您的晚餐吧,McHenry先生。
-Man: Thanks. Good night.
谢谢,晚安。
-Purvis: No one in or out. I'll get the others. You stay here. You watch that door from right there.
不许任何人进出,我去找其他人,你守在这儿。你站在这儿看好这扇门。
Get the men from Sheridan.
把Sheridan的人叫来。
-Barton: Bureau of Investigation. What's your name?
bureau: 办公处
联邦调查局,你叫什么名字?
-Man: You wanna know my name?
想知道我的名字?
-Man: Come on.
快走。
-Purvis: Baum, you keep an eye on the alley. Barton? Barton.
alley: 小路
Baum盯着巷子里的动静。Barton? Barton。
-Purvis: Where is he? They're headed east! Who was in the blocking car?
blocking: 阻碍
他在哪儿?他们朝东边去了。派谁开车去拦截他们的?
-police: That was us. We heard gunfire so we came here.
gunfire: 炮火声
是我们。我们听到枪声就过来了。
-Purvis: Who was it? Dillinger? The man we let get away wasn't John Dillinger.
那人是谁 Dillinger么?逃走的那个不是John Dillinger。
That was Baby Face Nelson.
而是“娃娃脸”Nelson。
-ALL: Get on the floor! Now! Go!
趴下!快!
-John Dillinger: Y'all get up against that wall.
你们都到墙那边去。
-ALL: Go on, all of you. This is a stick-up! Up! Put them up! Up! Down on the floor, now! Down!
stick-up: 持枪抢劫
快点,全部过去。抢劫!举起手来!举起手来!趴下!都趴下!
Put them up! Come on. Put them up!
听到没!举起手来!
This is a stick-up! Let's go. Come on. Up! Where I can see them, up! Customers, stay calm. Don't move.
calm: 平静下来
抢劫!过来,快点,把手举起来!把手放到我能看到的地方。顾客们,别慌张,不许动。
Hey! You! Up! Hands up! Move! Empty it!
嘿!还有你!举起手来!把手都给我举起来!快点!把钱都掏出来!
-Hoover: John Dillinger held up a bank for $74,000 , while you failed to arrest Nelson.
hold up: 抢劫 arrest: 逮捕
John Dillinger又从一家银行里抢走了74000美金,而你们还把Nelson放跑了。
-Purvis: Sir, I take full responsibility. And I would like to make a request.
responsibility: 责任
长官,责任都在我,我还想提个要求。
That we transfer men with special qualifications to augment the staff here in Chicago.
qualification: 资格 augment: 增加 staff:员工
再拨一些探员给我们吧,我们芝加哥这里还需要人手。
There are some former Texas and Oklahoma lawman currently with the Bureau in Dallas.
Texas: 德克萨斯州,(美国州名) Oklahoma: 俄克拉何马州(美国中南部州,首府俄克拉何马城) lawman: 警察 current: 最近的 Dallas: 达拉斯(美国得克萨斯州东部城市)
现在达拉斯州警局有一批曾在德克萨斯州和俄卡拉荷马州任职的警官。
-Hoover: I thought you understood what I'm building.
我以为你知道我在筹划什么,
A modern force of professional young men of the best sort.
professional: 专业的
一支年轻而优秀的专业型现代化人才队伍。
-Purvis: I'm afraid our type cannot get the job done.
我们现有的人力还不足以完成这项任务。
-Hoover: Excuse me, I cannot hear you.
抱歉,我听不见你说什么。
-Purvis: Our type cannot get the job done.
我们的现有人手完不成这样的任务。
-Hoover: I cannot hear you.
听不见。
-Purvis: Our type cannot get the job done. Without qualified help,
qualified: 有资格的
现有人手完成不了任务,如果没有资深警力的援助。
I would have to resign this appointment. Otherwise, I am leading my men to slaughter.
resign: 辞职 appointment: 委派 otherwise: 否则 slaughter: [口语]大败
恐怕我只能辞去此次行动的统管之职了,否则我就是在带领我的团队走向毁灭的深渊。
-Hoover: Mr. Tolson will call you, Agent Purvis.
我会让Tolson先生给你电话的,Purvis探员。
-Winstead: Did he say what he looked like?
他有说他长什么样子么?
-Man: Didn't say.
没说。
-Waiter: You gentlemen need any help?
先生,需要帮忙拎箱子么?
-Winstead: Thank you, no.
谢谢,不必了。
-Waiter: Shine? Morning. How you doing?
shine: 晴天
天气不错?早上好。最近好吗?
-Winstead: I'm doing all right.
不错。
-Purvis: Agent Winstead?
是Winstead探员么?
-Winstead: That's right.
是我。
-Purvis: It's a pleasure. Welcome to Chicago. We have a lot of work to do here on Mr. Dillinger.
很高兴见到你。欢迎来到芝加哥。接下来在缉捕Dillinger方面有的我们好忙了。
-Winstead: Another time.
随时愿意效劳。
-Waiter: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
是的,谢谢您,先生。
-Winstead: Have a nice day.
祝您今天过得愉快。
-Frank: Put Johnny Patton down front on the other four tracks. It's hot out, right?
track: 轨道
把Johnny Patton排到其他四道的前面。外面很热吧?
-Man: Yes, Frank.
是啊,Frank。
-Frank: Ever since those pricks shot me, I can't get warm. What?
prick: 剧痛
自从上次被那帮白痴击中后我就再也感觉不到热了。干嘛?
-Man: Some people from Chicago over there.
那是芝加哥来的兄弟。
-John Dillinger: Johnny. What do you say we meet you in Tucson around the 25th?
Tucson: 图森[美国亚利桑那州南部城市]
Johnny。我们25号左右在图森市碰头,你看如何?
-Johnny: Okay. All right.
好的,没问题。
-Pete: I heard one today. Indiana paper, Wanted, John Dillinger, dead or dead. I think we wore out the Midwest for a while.
wear out: 穿破【打击】[To hit or beat—From Urban Dictionary]
我听说印第安纳时报今天是这样写的,通缉: John Dillinger 无论死活,只收尸体。我们大概让中西部地区如临大敌了。
-John Dillinger: What?
干嘛?
-Man: Come out to the Colonial tonight. It's our joint. Be my guest. The best steaks in Miami.
colonial: 殖民地的 joint: 接头 guest: 客人 steak: 牛排 Miami: 迈阿密(美国佛罗里达州东南部港市)
晚上到大本营来,我们接头的地方,我请客。我们有迈阿密最最美味的牛排。
-John Dillinger: You're not gonna take our picture, are you?
gonna: =going to
你不会偷拍我们吧?
-Man: No pictures.
严禁拍照,
-John Dillinger: All right. We'll be there.
好,我们会过去的。
-Billie Frechette: Thank you for taking me on this trip.
谢谢你把我带来。
-John Dillinger: You going somewhere, doll? Am I?
你是要去什么地方吗?我能去么?
-Billie Frechette: No.
不。
-John Dillinger: Don't kid a kidder.
kid: 哄骗
别跟我这种靠谎言为生的人说谎。
-Billie Frechette: Then don't play me for a fool.
fool: 愚人
那你也别把我当傻瓜。
We both know I end up back checking coats at the Steuben Club,
steuben: 斯图本 club: 俱乐部
你我心里都清楚得很,我最终还是要回俱乐部给人挂大衣的。
one way or the other.
早晚的事。
-John Dillinger: What does that mean?
你说这话是什么意思?
You don't think past today or tomorrow.
你一点也不为今后着想,
And eventually, they will catch you or kill you and I don't want to be there when that happens.
eventually: 最后
而最终他们早晚会抓到你或杀了你的,我可不想到时候眼睁睁地在一边看现场直播。
-John Dillinger: Who gave you a crystal ball?
crystal ball: 预言未来的方法 crystal: 水晶
是谁给了你预知能力么?
-Billie Frechette: I don't need one. Ask Homer.
不需要。
去问Homer吧。
-John Dillinger: Ask Homer what?
问他什么?
-Billie Frechette: And his goddamn joke, "dead or dead."
goddamn: (受)讨厌的
还有他那个该死的笑话“不管死活,只要尸体”。
-John Dillinger: You ain't going nowhere, you hear me?
你哪儿都不许去,听清楚了没?
I'm gonna die an old man in your arms. We're too good for them.
我最终会老死在你怀里。那些条子就是帮废柴。
They ain't tough enough, smart enough or fast enough.
tough: 强硬的 smart: 聪明
而我们更狠,更聪明,更迅速。
I hit any bank I want any time. They got to be at every bank all the time.
hit: 袭击
我只管挑我想抢的那一家银行就好,而他们,得提防着所有的银行,
That's why we're on top of the world.
这就是我们所向披靡的原因。
Ain't nobody lay a glove on us. No. I ain't going nowhere. Neither are you.
lay on:把…放在…上 glove: 手套
没人能抓得住我们。一个也没有。我哪儿也不会去,你也一样。
What do you got to say about that?
你觉得这样如何?
-Waiter: Hi, folks.
folk: 大伙们
你们好。
-John Dillinger: Afternoon. Got a reservation for a Mr. and Mrs. Frank Sullivan.
reservation: 预订的旅馆房间
下午好,预定过的Frank Sullivan夫妇。
-Waiter: I can send up some sandwiches and beer if you like.
sandwiches: 三明治
我们还提供点心和啤酒。
-John Dillinger: That'd be swell. Some friends of mine should be here already,
swell: 优秀的
太棒了。我的一些朋友应该已经在这儿了。
a J.C. Davies and a Mr. Clark?
J.C. Davies先生和Clark先生?
-Waiter: Out shopping, I believe. I'll let them know you're in when they get back.
应该是出门购物去了,他们回来时我会通知您们的。
-John Dillinger: Okey-doke.
okey-doke: (=O.K.)好的,没问题的
好。
-Waiter: The elevator's right down that way.
elevator: 电梯
电梯在那头。
-John Dillinger: Thank you very much. You look like you could use some company.
多谢。
company: 友伴
看来你很需要个人陪嘛。
How's about me and my friend Prince Albert come and pay you a visit?
我和我的“小老弟”一起来看看你不知你意下如何啊?
-Billie Frechette: Get on in here, both of you. Johnny! Johnny!
快点都进来吧。Johnny!Johnny!
-police: Put some clothes on, miss.
先把衣服穿上吧,女士。
-John Dillinger: What the hell happened, boys?
见鬼的,到底发生什么了?
-Pete: There was a fire in the hotel. Firemen found our guns. They called the cops.
cop: 警察
旅店起火了。消防员发现了我们的枪就报了警。
-John Dillinger: Where they taking you?
他们要把你押到哪儿去?
-Pete: We're getting shanghaied to Ohio.
Ohio: 俄亥俄州(美国中东部州,首府哥伦布)
被迫押到俄亥俄州去?
-John Dillinger: Where's Billie?
Billie在哪儿?
-police: Your girl's been put on a bus back to Chicago. We ain't holding her.
你的女朋友已经被送上回芝加哥的大巴了。我们不准备羁押她。
-Man: Right this way.
这边走。
-John Dillinger: Well, here's the man who killed Pretty Boy Floyd.
哦哟。不是一枪毙了漂亮男孩Floy的警官大人么?
Damn good thing he was pretty, 'cause he sure wasn't Whiz Kid Floyd.
还好他有一副好皮囊,也只有他这种脑袋空空的大蠢蛋才会被你干掉咯。
Tell me something, Mr. Purvis. That fellow, the one who got killed at the Sherone Apartments,
告诉我,Purvis先生。那个在谢隆公寓被枪杀的家伙,
the newspaper said you found him alive. It's the eyes, ain't it? They look at you right before they go.
alive: 活着的 ain't: =is not
报纸上说你找到他的时候人还在垂死挣扎,那双眼睛让你影响深刻吧?会在死去之前直勾勾地盯着你,
And then they just drift away into nothing. That'll keep you up nights.
drift away: (人)渐渐离开
然后突然归于空洞,那种眼神会让你晚上辗转难眠。
-Purvis: And what keeps you up nights, Mr. Dillinger?
那什么事会害你辗转难眠呢 Dillinger先生?
-John Dillinger: Coffee. You act like a confident man, Mr. Purvis. You got a few qualities.
confident: 自信的 quality: 才能
咖啡。你看上去十分自信,Purvis探员,你还是有一些资历的。
Probably pretty good from a distance, especially when you got the fellow outnumbered.
outnumbered: 数量上超过
可能还是很擅长打远距离遥控仗的,特别是你们以少敌多的时候。
But up close, toe to toe, when somebody's about to die right here, right now, I'm used to that.
toe to toe: 旗鼓相当地 toe: 脚趾
但要是近身火拼,当手下在你面前倒地而亡,我早就已经习惯了,
What about you?
你呢?
-Purvis: Goodbye, Mr. Dillinger.
再见,Dillinger先生。
-John Dillinger: I'll see you down the road.
以后在街上会碰到的。
-Purvis: No, you will not. The only way that you will leave a jail cell is when we take you out to execute you.
Jail: 监狱 execute: 执行;处以极刑
不,你没这个机会了。你唯一能走出铁栏杆的时刻就是我们带你去行电刑了
-John Dillinger: Well, we'll see about that. You ought to get yourself another line of work, Melvin.
ought to: 应当 kid: 开玩笑
是么,那我们就走着瞧喽。Melvin你该给自己找个新工作。
Hey, I was just kidding.
嘿,刚才我是开玩笑的。
I believe I'm gonna let you boys keep me here a while.
本大爷就在这儿让你们关几天吧。
-police: We'd like that, Johnny, but don't get too comfortable. They're moving you.
很乐意你这么想,Johnny,但也别待得太适应了哦。他们马上就要转押你了。
-John Dillinger: Where to?
要去哪儿?
-police: Indiana.
印第安纳州。
-John Dillinger: Why? I have absolutely nothing I want to do in Indiana.
为什么?我对印第安纳州一点儿兴趣都没有。
-ALL: He's here.
他到了。
-Women: Back up, fellas. Back up. We'll take custody now. Take the manacles off.
fella:小伙子 custody: 监禁 manacle: 手铐
退后,同志们,往后退一点。我们准备羁押他了,请把手铐摘下来。
-ALL: Are you glad to see Indiana again?
重回故土印第安纳州你高兴么?
-John Dillinger: About as glad as Indiana is to see me, I suppose.
大概跟印第安纳州看到我一样高兴。
-ALL: Did you smuggle the guns into Indiana State Penitentiary for the big break of September 26th?
smuggle: 偷运 penitentiary: 悔罪的
你是否把枪支夹带进了印第安纳州立监狱,用以9月26号的亡命大越狱呢?
-John Dillinger: Right now, you're too inquisitive, buddy.
inquisitive: 好追根究底的 buddy: 伙计
你的好奇心太强了,伙计。
-Guard: Put your arm around Dillinger.
请揽住Dillinger。
-Journalist: Hey, when was the last time you were in Mooresville?
你最后一次去穆尔斯维尔是什么时候的事了?
-Dillinger: Ten years ago.
十年前。
I was a wild boy, and, well, I was foolish.
wild: 野蛮的 foolish: 愚蠢的
那时我还是个野孩子,当时很傻。
I held up a grocery store,
grocery: 食品杂货店
我抢了家杂货店,
which I never should have done 'cause Mr. Morgan was a good man.
cause: 原因
我不该那样做的,Morgan先生是个好人。
And they sentenced me to 10 years in the state penitentiary for a $50 theft.
sentence: 判决 penitentiary: 监狱 theft: 偷窃
为了50块他们判了我在州立监狱里服十年徒刑。
When I was in prison, I met a lot of good fellows.
prison: 监狱 fellow: 家伙
在监狱里我认识了很多人才。
So sure, yeah,
没错。
I helped set up the break at Michigan City. Why not?
我组织策划了密歇根监狱的越狱,为什么不呢?
I stick with my pals and my pals stick with me.
stick with: 紧随 pals: 伙伴
我和兄弟们关系很铁。
-Journalist: Johnny, how long does it take you to go througha bank?
go through: 完成
Johnny,你抢一家银行大概要多长时间。
-Dillinger: Oh, about one minute, 40 seconds.
这个问题嘛,大概一分四十秒。
-Dillinger: Flat.
flat: 正好
不多不少,正正好好。
-Guard: Let's go.
走吧。
Mr. Johnny, your lawyer's here.
Johnny先生,您的律师到了。
-Dillinger: You come highly recommended by Alvin Karpis.
highly: 极 recommend: 推荐
你是Alvin Karpis大力推荐给我的
At the arraignment,
arraignment: 提讯
在传讯期间,
they're gonna try and transfer me to the state pen.
gonna=going to 将要 transfer: (迁)移
他们会把我转到州立监狱。
-Bob: What can you do for me?
你能帮我什么忙呢?
What's on your mind?
你有什么计划?
-Dillinger: The electric chair.
电椅。
-Bob: Your Honor, are we to have an arraignment
法官大人,我们应该以严守国家法律尊严的
in accord with the laws of this nation
accord with: 符合
奉公守法的态度开庭呢,
or is the State to be permitted to incite an atmosphere of prejudice?
permit: 允许 incite: 煽动 atmosphere: 气氛 prejudice: 偏见
还是让这种带有偏见的气氛来引诱人作伪证?
The very air reeks with the bloody rancor of intolerant malice!
reek with: 带有 bloody: 残忍的 rancor: 深仇 intolerant: 不容异己的 malice: 恶意
这儿的空气里都充斥着残忍的仇怨和狭隘的恶意,
The clanging of shackles brings to our minds
clang: (发)铿锵声 shackles: 脚镣
这些铁链的声音让人不禁回想起,
the dungeons of the czars,
dungeon: 地牢 czar: 沙皇
独裁者的地牢。
not the flag-bedecked liberty of an American courtroom.
flag-bedecked: 国旗装扮下的 bedeck: 装饰 liberty: 许可 courtroom: 法庭
而不像是覆盖着国旗,尊重人权自由的美国法庭。
I request the court to direct that those shackles be removed forthwith.
request: 要求 direct: 直接的 remove: 移开 forthwith: 立刻
我要求法庭立即移除所有的铁链。
-Man: This is a very dangerous man, Your Honor.
dangerous: 危险的
法官大人,这个人非常危险。
-Guard: And I'm responsible for the safeguarding of this prisoner.
responsible: 承担责任的 safeguard: 保护 prisoner: 囚徒
我得为这个罪犯做好安保。
-Bob: Are you a lawyer? What right do you have to address this court?
address: 演说 court: 法庭
你又不是律师?有什么权利在这里说话?
-Judge: All right. Remove the shackles from the prisoner.
好吧,请把嫌犯的手铐去掉。
-Bob: Your Honor, we would like to relocate the prisoner.
relocate: 重新部署 prisoner: 囚徒
法官大人,我希望你批准转移嫌犯。
Only Indiana State Penitentiary in Michigan City
penitentiary: 监狱
只有密歇根的印第安纳州立监狱
can guarantee Dillinger will not escape.
guarantee: 保证 escape: 逃跑
能保证Dillinger不会逃跑。
-Judge: Sheriff Holley?
sheriff: 县治安官
Holley警长你说呢?
-Holley: I concur, Your Honor.
concur: 同意
我赞成,法官大人。
-Bob: Sheriff Holley, I think this is a very nice jail you have right here.
jail: 监狱
Holley警长,我觉得你们的监狱就非常好了。
What makes you think there's something wrong with it?
你认为它有什么问题吗?
-Holley: There's nothing wrong with my jail.
我们的监狱没有任何问题。
It's the strongest jail in Indiana.
它是印第安纳州最好的监狱。
-Bob: That's what I thought.
正如我所想。
But of course, I don't want to embarrass Mrs. Holley.
embarrass: 使尴尬
但我不想使Holley女士尴尬。
I appreciate she's a woman and she's afraid of an escape.
appreciate: 了解 escape: 逃跑
我理解,她作为一个女性,害怕越狱发生。
-Holley: Oh, no. I'm not afraid of an escape.
不,我才不怕越狱。
I can take care of John Dillinger or any other prisoner.
我能看好John Dillinger或者其他任何的犯人。
-Judge: Okay.
好吧。
Dillinger will stay here.
那Dillinger就关押在这儿吧
-Bob: Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢您的信任,法官大人。
-Defense: The defense will need four months to prepare itself.
defense: (法)被告 prepare: 准备
被告方有4个月的时间准备辩词。
-Bob: It should take 10 days.
10天后就判决。
-Defense: To go to trial in 10 days would be a legal lynching of this lad.
trial: 审判 legal: 法律(上)的 lynch: 私刑处死 lad: 小伙子
10天就宣判显然是这位老兄想用私刑。
There's a law against lynching.
法律反对动用私刑。
There's a law against murder!
murder: 谋杀
法律也反对谋杀!
-Bob: Then observe the law part.
observe: 观察
那再去研读一下法典。
-Defense: Or just stand Dillinger up against a wall
或者干脆让Dillinger面墙,
and shoot him. Just shoot him.
shoot: 射击
然后一枪崩了他,干脆如此。
-Bob: Then there's no need to throw away the State's money on this mockery.
mockery: 嘲笑
就不用为此再拿国家的钱打水漂了。
-Judge: Calm down.
冷静。
-Defense: I apologize to the court.
apologize: 道歉
我向法庭致歉。
Bob and I respect each other very much.
respect: 尊重
我和Bob其实相互很尊重。
-Judge: Watch out or he'll be putting his arm around you, too.
小心啊,他一逮着机会也会向你反击的!
Trial starts in one month on March 12th.
庭审日期定为三月十二日。
-Dillinger: Attaboy, counselor.
attaboy: [美国口语]好样的! counselor: 律师
好样的,律师。
-Guard: Open the gate.
打开大门。
-Dillinger: Hey, Cahoon!
嘿,Cahoon!
Come here a minute.
过来一下。
Come on, Sam.
来吧,Sam。
You and me's going places.
我们去几个地方。
Call Bryant.
叫Bryant。
-Sam: Bryant?
Bryant?
-Dillinger: Call Max.
叫Max。
I'll kill you if I have to. Don't think I won't.
如果必要我肯定会杀了你的,别逼我。
-Bryant: Open up!
开门!
-Peter: I'll plug him right here.
plug: 射杀
我会就地干掉他的。
Open the gun safe. Go on. Open it up!
把枪械保险箱打开,快点,快打开!
Lock up the warden.
warden: 看守人
把他们关起来。
-Warden: That wasn't real, was it?
你们还真够本事的!
-Peter: Let's go.
我们走。
Put your hands up!
举起手来!
-Dillinger: Which one of these here cars is the fastest?
这里哪辆车最快?
-Guard: That would be that Ford right there. It's got the new V-8.
那边的福特,它加了新的V-8引擎。
-Dillinger: We're gonna take that one. Go on.
gonna=going to
我们要把那车开走,走吧。
-Guard: That's Sheriff Lillian Holley's personal car.
那是Lillian Holley警长的私家车。
-Dillinger: Good.
明白了。
Mr. Youngblood, are we clear now?
youngblood: 铁血男儿
小青年,没人跟着我们吧?
-Warden: We are.
没有。
-Dillinger: Okay, then.
爽啊。
Oh, come on, buddy.
兄弟,别这样。
You gotta relax a little bit. Just take it easy.
relax: 放松
放松点儿,没什么事的。
Do you know the words to The Last Round-Up?
round-up: 把…聚拢起来
知道《最后一次赶拢》是怎么唱的么?
-Dillinger: “Git along, little doggies”
“小犬们,跟我一起来。”*
“Git along, git along”
“一起来吧,一起来。”
“Git along, little dogies Git along”
“一起来吧,小犬们,一起来。”
“Git along, little dogies Git along, git along”
“一起来吧,小犬们,一起来,一起来。”
“Git along, little dogies Git along”
“一起来吧,小犬们,一起来,一起来。”
“I'm a-headed for the last round-up”
“我要把最后一批牲畜赶回来。”
-Jurnalist: How did he act? Was he jolly?
他都做了些什么?他是不是很高兴?
-Warden: Yes. He sang part of the way.
是的。他半路上都在唱歌。
-Voise: “Get along, little dogies Get along, get along”
“一起来吧,小犬们,一起来,一起来。”
While in Washington today, President Roosevelt said,
president: 总统
Rooseveit总统今天在华盛顿发表言论说,
"John Dillinger is making a mockery
“John Dillinger的所作所为,
of the system of justice in this country."
system: 机构 justice: 司法
是在藐视这个国家的司法机构。”
The passing of John J. McGraw, long-time manager of the New York Giants...
manager: 经纪人
John J. McGraw,纽约巨人队的经理人。于今天逝世。
-Billie: Hello.
喂。
-Dillinger: Hey, doll, it's me.
宝贝儿,是我。
Look, I can't talk long. You okay?
我不能说太多,你还好吧?
-Billie: Yeah.
很好。
I heard it on the radio. How about you?
我在广播里听到你的消息了,你还好吧?
-Dillinger: Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine.
我很好,很好。
-Billie: Don't come to Chicago, Johnny.
Johnny,不要来芝加哥。
-Dillinger: What's that supposed to mean?
suppose: 认为
你说这话是什么意思?
I promised I'd look after you, didn't I?
promise: 承诺
我说过我会照顾你一辈子,还记得么?
-Billie: Yes.
记得。
-Dillinger: Well, then that's what I'm gonna do.
记得就好,我会说到做到的。
You know that, don't you?
你知道我会做到的,是么?
-Billie: Yes.
是的。
Look, I think they're watching me.
是这样,我想我是被监视了。
-Dillinger: I'm gonna come get you out of there and take care of you.
我会去接你出来,我不会丢下你的。
-Billie: Baby, don't come to Chicago!
亲爱的,千万别来芝加哥。
-Dillinger: Say you know it.
你知道我言出必行。
Say it.
说,说你知道。
-Billie: I know you will take care of me.
我知道,我知道你不会丢下我。
-Dillinger: I love you.
我爱你。
-Purvis: Sooner or later,
迟早,
she will go to him
她会去跟他见面,
or he is gonna come for her.
或者,他会过来找她。
-Dillinger: Say, Sport!
Sport,听着!
-Sport: Mr. Johnny, you got to hold it right there.
Johnny先生,你站在那里别动。
-Sport: Can't stay here no more, Mr. Johnny.
Johnny先生,你不能待在这个地方了。
-Dillinger: Says who?
谁说的?
-Man: Sport's only following orders. So am I.
Sport只不过是听从命令,我也是。
They thought you might come here.
他们料到你会来这里。
-Dillinger: I don't get it.
我不明白。
-Man: Talk to your pal Gilbert.
pal: 伙伴
去找Gilbert吧!
-Dillinger: About what?
找他干什么?
-Man: You gotta talk to Gilbert Catena.
你去找他,他会给你答案的。
-Peter: Come on. Come on, get out of here! Beat it! Scram!
scram: 急停
快出去,都出去。
-Dillinger: The welcome mat was not out.
mat: 席子
我被赶出来了。
I kept hearing your name. Now, I'm going to ask you once.
他们让我来找你,好吧,我就来了。
-Dillinger: And I just did.
告诉我是怎么回事?
-Phil: Anybody see him come in?
有谁看到他进来了吗?
-Gilbert: I don't think so.
没有。
-Dillinger: You want to know if we're armed?
arm: 以(武器)装备
想知道我们是不是有备而来?
We're armed.
我们带了家伙。
-Phil: Calm down.
calm: 镇定的
别冲动。
Calm down. Calm down.
别冲动,有话好好说。
Hey, back to work.
看什么,干你的活儿!
-Dillinger: What's the deal, Phil?
Phil,能告诉我是怎么回事么?
-Phil: Look around. What do you see?
看看四周,你看到了什么?
-Dillinger: A whole bunch of telephones.
bunch: 集中 telephone: 电话(机)
到处都是电话机。
-Phil: You see money.
那都是摇钱树。
Last month, there were independent wire services
independent: 独立的 wire: 电线 service: 服务
上个月,他们还是独立的电话信息台。
letting bookies know who won the third race
bookie: 赛马赌者 race: 赛跑
让赌马者能随时知道在斯波次曼公园,
at Sportsman's Park,
哪几匹马跑了前三。
300 of them nationwide. Now there's only one, ours.
nationwide: 全国性的
之前全国有300个电话信息台,现在只剩我们一家。
On October 23rd, you robbed a bank in Greencastle, Indiana.
rob: 抢劫
10月23号,你在印第安那州的绿堡,劫了家银行。
You got away with $74,802.
你劫了74802美元。
You thought that was a big score.
score: [俚语]抢到的钱财
你以为那是很大一笔钱了。
These phones make that every day.
这些电话每天就能给我带来那么多利润。
And it keeps getting made, day after day after day,
这个利润是无休止的。
a river of money, and it gets deeper and wider,
这就是一座金矿,能源源不断挖出金子。
week in and week out, month in and month out, flowing right to us.
flow: 流
一周周,一月月过去,挖出来的金子都属于我们。
Unless the cops come through that door.
unless: 除非 cop: 警察
除非我们被警察查封,
-Dillinger: Which you pay them not to do.
但是警察可以用钱买通。
Right.
的确。
Unless you're around.
但是牵扯到你就是另一回事了,
Then they gotta come through that door no matter what.
他们为了抓你,什么都做得出来。
What does that tell you?
你明白我的意思了?
-Dillinger: I'm popular.
popular: 流行的
我太出名了。
It tells us you're bad for business.
有你在,会断了我的财路。
So the Syndicate's got a new policy.
Syndicate: 财团 policy: 政策
所以我们制定了一项政策。
All the guys like you, Karpis, Nelson, Campbell,
你,Karpis,Nelson,Campbell,都跟我们没关系了。
we ain't laundering your money or bonds no more.
ain't=are not launder: 洗黑钱 bond: 联系
我们不会再帮你们洗钱了。
You ain't holing up in our whorehouses anymore.
hole up: 冬眠(躲藏) whorehouse: 妓院
我们也不会让你们藏在我们的妓院里了。
No armorers, no doctors, no safe havens,
armorer: 军械维修员 haven: 避难所
不会再提供你们枪支,医疗服务和避难所。
no nothing. You get it?
我们不会再帮你们了,懂了么?
Personally, you need something to tide you over?
personally: 就个人来说 tide over: 使度过(困难时期)
你跑路还需要些什么吧,可以跟我说?
Good luck to you.
祝你好运。
-Hoover: Hamilton has a 34-year-old sister in Detroit. Arrest her.
Hamilton在底特律有个34岁的姐姐,去逮捕她。
Pick up all known Dillinger associates, doctors, family,
associate: 伙伴
把Dillinger所有的同党,医生,家人都抓起来。
Pierpont's mother in Indianapolis,
Pierpont的妈妈住在印第安那波利斯。
Dillinger's family in Mooresville.
Dillinger的家人住在墨斯维尔。
We suspect them of harboring.
suspect: 嫌疑犯 harbor: 藏匿
控告他们涉嫌窝藏罪犯。
-Purvis: But Hamilton's family has not had word from Red in years.
但Hamilton一家已经多年没有他们儿子的消息了。
-Hoover: You convince them to get word.
convince: 说服
你劝说他们跟他取得联系。
Create informants, Agent Purvis.
create: 产生 information: 信息
Purvis探员,一定要问出东西来。
The suspects are to be interrogated vigorously, grilled,
interrogate: 审问 vigorously: 精力旺盛地 grill: 拷问
对他们严刑拷问。
no obsolete notions of sentimentality.
obsolete: 过时的 notion: 意图 sentimentality: 多愁善感的
别像老警官似的心慈手软。
We are in the modern age. We are making history.
moden: 现代的
我们是新的一代,我们是时代的主人。
Take direct, expedient action.
direct: 直接的 expedient: 便利的
采取直接有效的行动。
As they say in Italy these days, "Take off the white gloves!"
glove: 手套
就像意大利人经常说的“放手去干吧!”
Do we understand each other, Agent Purvis?
Purvis探员,明白我的意思了吧?
These are fine young men here. What's your name, son?
站在这里的都是年少英雄,孩子,你的名字是?
-Harris: Harris.
Harris。
-Hoover: G- men all over the country have picked up the gauntlet.
pick up the gauntlet: 应战 gauntlet: 保护手套
全国的联邦调查员都恪守职责,
flung down by the outlaws and the wanton murderers.
fling down: 摔倒 outlaw: 歹徒 wanton: 胡乱的 murderer: 杀人犯
打击违法犯罪行为。
And these junior crime fighters here,
junior: 年少的 crime: 犯罪 fighter: 使惊恐
这些年少的警员。
these Junior G-men, has, every one of them,
这些新进的联邦调查员,他们中的每一个。
stopped some crime from occurring
occur: 发生
都为抵制犯罪,
and forestalled an entry into the black book of criminal deeds.
forestall: 阻碍 entry: 进入 criminal: 犯罪的 deed: 行为
将罪犯绳之于法尽了一份力。
Today, I am rewarding them with these medals.
reward: 奖赏 medal: 奖章
今天,我要嘉奖他们。
My friend Harris here is the first. Well done, son.
从我的小朋友哈Harris开始吧!干得漂亮,孩子!
-Dillinger: You can size up a score like nobody's business, Tommy.
size up: 估计
Tommy,一沓钞票放你面前,你瞟一眼就知道有多少钱。
You're a good egg.
你很有种。
But I don't like Baby Face Nelson.
但是我不喜欢“娃娃脸”Nelson。
-Tommy: You got Nelson all wrong, John. He thinks the world of you.
你误会他了,Nelson很体谅你的。
Hell, the whole country thinks you're a goddamn hero.
hero: 英雄
整个国家都对你顶礼膜拜。
-Dillinger: Where's the bank?
是哪个银行?
-Tommy: Sioux Falls.
苏福尔。
Nelson says there's $800,000 in there.
Nelson说那里有80万美金。
Says he's got us a sweet little place to hole up
他说会在动手前,
till after the heat blows over.
heat: 热潮 blow over: 平息
把我们安顿到一个安全的地方。
-Dillinger: What's he here for?
他来这儿做什么?
-Tommy: John, we gotta all be friends, all right, or this ain't gonna work.
John,我们要合作,不然成不了事。
-Dillinger: Red told you, after the bank,
Red说过,成事以后。
we bust out Pierpont and Makley.
bust out: 逃出
我们要把Pierpont和Makley从牢里弄出来。
-Tommy: It'll take a lot of careful planning.
那需要精心策划。
-Dillinger: Yeah. So?
那又怎样?
-Hoover: and Public Enemy Number One, John Dillinger.
public: 公众的 enemy: 敌人
头号公敌,John Dillinger。
They may be sitting amongst you.
他们可能就坐在你们中间。
They may be in your row.
他们可能跟你们坐在同一排。
Turn to your right.
转向右边,
And turn to your left.
再转向左边。
If you see them, call the Bureau of Investigation or your local police.
bureau: 局 investigation: 调查(研究) local: 当地的 police: 警察部门
若你看到了他们,请联系调查局或是当地警局。
-Tommy: After the bank,
成事以后,
we'll figure out if we can bust them out. Okay?
figure out: 明白
我们再计划把他们弄出来,怎样?
-Dillinger: Okay.
行。
-Tommy: "You don't work with people you don't know"
“别跟你不熟悉的人合作,
and you don't work when you're desperate.
desperate: 危急的
别在你走投无路时行动”
Walter Dietrich. Remember that?
Walter Dietrich说过的话,你还记得吗?
-Dillinger: Walter forgot.
忘了他说的话吧!
When you're desperate, that's when you got no choice.
choice: 选择
当我走投无路时,我无从选择。
-Nelson: I got one!
我打中一个!
What are you doing? Get your hands up! Get your hands up!
都愣着干什么?把手举起来!!把手举起来!
-Homor: Come on, sugar, let's go. Come on.
站起来,小妞,跟我们走。
Where's all the damn money we came here for?
我们要的只是钱,告诉我们钱在哪里?
Come on.
快走。
Open the door. What are you looking at, huh?
把门打开,在看什么?
-Nelson: What are you looking at?
有什么好看的?
-Dillinger: Tommy.
Tommy。
-Red: John, let's go!
John,我们撤!
-Dillinger: Let's go! Get in the goddamn car!
我们撤!快上车!
Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!
撤!撤!撤!
How'd you find this place?
你怎么找到这个地方的?
-Nelson: Don't worry. Nobody will find us. Come on.
别担心,没人能找到我们,进来吧!
-Dillinger: How much?
拿了多少?
-Nelson: $46, 120.
46120美元。
-Dillinger: That'd be less than $800,000. Am I right?
比80万少得多了去了,是不是?
Am I right?
是不是?
-Homer: It's $8,000 a man.
一人8千美元。
-Dillinger: Leave me my share and get out.
把我那份留下,你们走吧。
We gotta cut loose from Nelson.
cut loose: 摆脱
我们不能再相信Nelson了。
-Red: You gotta rest up a while.
rest up: 充分休息
你需要休息会儿。
-Dillinger: No.
不要。
No. If we don't get out of here first thing in the morning,
不行,如果我们明天之前不离开这个地方。
we're gonna wind up dead.
wind up: 结束
我们就是在等死。
-Red: Only you're gonna make it.
要走你一个人走。
-Dillinger: God damn it, don't talk like that, Red.
他妈的,别那么说话,Red。
-Red: No, Johnny. I got a feeling that my time is up.
Johnny,我只是感觉我应该歇手了。
And when your time is up, your time's up.
不想干了,就是不想干了。
-Dillinger: Red,
Red。
look here.
听着,
Tomorrow morning, Homer, you and me will go to Reno,
明天早上,你,我,还有Homer一起去里诺。
and everything will be fine.
会没事的。
-Tommy: Give me a shot.
快给我打一针。
-Agent: I'll give you the shot if you tell me where the gang's holed up.
gang: 群
你告诉我他们的藏身之处,我就会给你止痛。
-Tommy: I don't know anything.
我什么都不知道。
-Agent: Where's Baby Face Nelson?
“娃娃脸”Nelson在哪里?
-Tommy: I don't know!
我不知道!
-Agent: Where's Dillinger?
Dillinger藏在哪里?
I wanna know where they are.
wanna=want to 想要
我要知道他们藏在哪里?
-Tommy: I don't know!
我不知道!
-Agent: Tell me! Where are they?
快说!他们在哪里?
-Doctor: The bullet entered the back of his head.
bullet: 子弹 enter: 进入
他脑后中了一枪。
It's resting over his right eye.
rest: 搁
子弹就在他右眼里。
-Purvis: Do not interfere.
interfere: 介入
不干你的事。
Do not interfere.
不干你的事。
-Doctor: His brain is swelling! He will be dead soon!
swell: 肿(膨)胀
他现在脑肿大,他很快就会死的!
He's suffering and I need to sedate him!
suffering: 痛苦 sedate: 使镇静
他痛苦不堪,我需要给他止痛!
-Purvis: Not yet.
现在不行!
If you interfere, I will arrest you.
arrest: 逮捕
你再多事,我就逮捕你。
-Tommy: I don't know! Please, give me a shot! Oh, mother, please!
我不知道!快给我止痛!天哪!
-Agent: Tell me where he is!
告诉我他藏在哪里!
-Tommy: I don't know!
我不知道!
-Agent: All right.
你不说是吧。
Where?
他们在哪里?
Tell me!
快说!
-Tommy: Little Bohemia. Little Bohemia.
小波西米亚酒吧。
Manitowish, Wisconsin.
在曼尼托韦斯,威斯康辛州。
fuck you!
操你妈!
Give me a shot.
快给我止痛。
-Purvis: Little Bohemia is in Manitowish, Wisconsin.
他们在小波西米亚酒吧,威斯康辛州的曼尼托韦斯。
Sam, you drive up.
drive up: 开车赶到
Sam,你赶紧开车过去。
Madala and Clegg,
Madala,Clegg
you cut through the woods. Stay in the trees.
cut through: 抄近路 woods: 树林
你们从树林穿过去。待在林子里别动。
Come up on it from the south,
从南边包抄,
close enough to see if they're in the barroom there.
close: (使)接近
靠近点看他们是不是在酒吧间。
Rice, Rorer,
Rice, Rorer
come up on it from the north. The kitchen is there.
你们从北边包抄。那边是厨房。
You see if they're in what is probably the dining room.
probably: 大概
探探他们是不是在餐厅。
You stay in the trees.
你待在林子里别动。
-Winstead: And if he sees them in there?
若他们在里面呢?
-Purvis: We go in.
我们冲进去。
-Winstead: And if he doesn't?
要是他不在呢?
-Purvis: We go in anyway.
我们还是要进去。
-Winstead: There's too much real estate out here.
estate: (有大片建筑的)土地
这块地方太大了。
Too many ways for him to get out,
他要逃出去太容易了。
too few of us to block him in.
block: 堵塞
我们人太少,恐怕拦不住他。
We need to blockade the roads behind us.
blockade: 封锁
我们要把他的出路都堵上。
We need to wait for Cowley's group to surround him.
surround: 包围
我们要等Cowley的人马过来,围截他。
Mr. Purvis, this is not the way to do it.
Purvis探员,你现在这么堵不行。
-Purvis: I will not risk their escaping the Bureau again.
risk: 冒险 escape: 逃跑
我再也不会让他们从我眼皮底下溜走了。
You and Hurt take the northeast corner where the road turns.
corner: 角(落)
你跟赫特过去守在东北边的路口。
Cover that and the front. Campbell, Baum, you're with me.
cover: 用枪掩护
守住前边。Campbell,Baum,你们跟着我。
-Man: Thanks, but we gotta go.
gotta: <美俚>=have got to必须
多谢,不过我们该走了。
-Nelson: No, come on, stick around. Let's have a party.
stick around: 留下等待
别走,留下来,我们开个派对。
-Man: We gotta work tomorrow.
我明天还有工作。
-Nelson: Aw, work's for mugs.
mug: 对…行凶抢劫
打劫算哪门子工作。
Get out of here!
算了,放你走了!
You wanna see my James Cagney?
你们想看James Cagney演的电影吗?
You wanna see my James Cagney act? Huh? Huh?
你们想看吗?想不想?想不想?
What do you see? What do you say? What do you know?
怎样?说话呀?想不想?
What's your name, doll? This your wife, you dumb egg?
小妞,你叫什么名字?傻蛋,这是你老婆?
Go ahead.
go ahead: 开始
走吧。
-Purvis: Stop that car!
把车停下!
Bureau of Investigation!
bureau: 局 investigation: 调查(研究)
联邦警察局!
Stop that car!
把车停下
Fire!!
开枪了!
-Man: Don't shoot!
别开枪!
-Purvis: Get on the floor!
下车来!
-Red: Johnny!
Johnny!
-Red: Go!
快走!
-Agent: Someone got out!
有人出来了!
-Purvis: Is it Dillinger?
是Dillinger吗?
-Agent: I think so!
我想是的!
-Purvis:Baum, you drive around the woods. You flank him!
flank: 攻击侧面
Baum,你开车在林子里转。侧面攻击!
-Dillinger: Go.
走。
Go!
走!
Come on, Red, come on. Come on. We're getting out of here.
快走,Red ,快走。快走。我们要离开这里。
Hey, give me the keys to that car.
把车钥匙给我。
-Carter: Have you...
你有没有...?
-Nelson: All you bastards wear vests,
bastard: 坏蛋
所有穿背心的都是畜牲。
-Nelson: so I'm gonna give it to you high and I'm gonna give it to you low.
我要好好治治你们。
-Purvis: Carter?
Carter?
Who was it? Dillinger?
是谁干的?Dillinger?
-Carter: Nelson.
Nelson。
-Agent: Sir, there's somebody on the road.
长官,路上有人。
-Purvis: Cowley! Did you see a car?
Cowley,你有没有看到一辆车?
-Cowley: A Ford, yeah, it's going the other way.
一辆福特,看到了,往反方向开了。
-Purvis: Turn it around! Madala, get in. It's Nelson!
快掉头追!Madala,上车来。那辆车上是Nelson!
-Nelson: Get in, you dumb bastards! Get in!
上车,你这狗娘养的!上车!
Get in. Come on. Let's go. Come on.
上车,快点,我们走。
-Homer: Where'd you get the car?
从哪儿弄来的车?
-Nelson: I killed a Fed by the road.
我在路上毙了一个联邦调查员。
-Purvis: Faster, Sam!
开快点儿,Sam!
-Nelson: They're behind us. Let them have it, Homer!
他们跟上来了,Homer,给他们几枪。
-Homer: Steady the car, God damn it!
steady: (使)平稳(稳定)
把车开稳,他妈的!
Shit!
操!
-Nelson: Homer! Homer!
Homer!Homer!
Come on!
快走!
-Red: Have you never seen a man die before?
你难道从来没见过人死吗?
-Dillinger: Hush up.
闭嘴。
-Red: You gotta let go, John.
gotta=have got to必须
别管我了,John。
-Dillinger: Bullshit.
别说傻话。
-Red: And you gotta let Billie go, too.
你也别管Billie了。
I know you.
我了解你。
You've never let nobody down.
你没让任何人失望过。
But this time,
但是这次,
you gotta go on.
你应该先管自己。
You gotta let go.
先保证自己安全。
-Purvis: Right now,
现在。
all of Dillinger's friends are dead.
Dillinger所有的朋友都死了。
He is out there.
他现在孤身一人。
He is alone.
alone: 孤独的
已无人依靠。
And there will not be a better chance to run him down.
chance: 机会
这是将他制服的绝佳机会。
-Agent: Yeah, but he could be anywhere.
没错,他是能逃到天涯海角。
-Purvis: He could be anywhere.
他能逃到天涯海角。
But he is not anywhere, because what he wants is right here.
但是他现在一定还没走,因为在这里他还有牵挂。
-Voice: I don't believe in the government,
我不相信政府,
and I don't believe in the government spending all its money,
spend: 用(钱),花(时间)
政府说它把钱都用尽了,
and hence I don't take any part of it.
hence: 因此
然后我没拿到分毫,钱上哪儿去了。
And you say no, you...
你说没有,你...
I ought to refuse to accept the money. It's government money.
ought to: 应该 accept: 接(领,收)受
我不应该拿那份钱。那是政府的钱。
I don't believe in the government spending.
believe in: 相信
我不信任政府的财政政策。
I'm not gonna take it.
我不会相信它说的那一套。
-Agent A: What's she doing?
她在做什么?
-John Probasco: Still listening to the radio.
还在听广播。
-Agent C: Sir, we have questioned a source, John Probasco.
source: 信息提供者
长官,根据我们线人John Probasco的情报,
-Voice: We have information that leads us to believe that they're...
我们有理由相信...
But Dillinger did aid law enforcement in one way.
enforcement: 执行
但是Dillinger确实在某种程度上促进了法治的进程。
He's cited as the reason
cite: 引用
议会认为,
Congress is considering the first national crime bill,
congress: 国会 crime: 罪行 bill: 议案
他是国家的第一大经济安全威胁,
making criminal enterprise across state lines a federal offense.
enterprise: 计划 federal: 联邦政府的 offense: 犯规
他组织的跨州犯罪集团威胁国家安全。
Meanwhile, in Fargo, North Dakota...
meanwhile: 与此同时
同时,在法戈,北达科他……
-Frank: We're building coast-to-coast.
我们由大西洋岸到太平洋岸都布了网。
We want it nice and quiet, and they bring this on us?
quiet: 使安静
我要你们尽快抓到他,就这结果?
-Phil: Frank, calm down. They rob banks.
clam down: 镇静下来 rob: 抢劫
Frank,冷静点。他们只是抢银行。
-Frank: Right.
是啊。
In one state, then another state, that's called interstate.
抢了一个州,又抢一个州,他们那是跨州犯罪。
We're coast to coast. Wake up!
我们在全国都布了网都无济于事。醒醒吧!
Now they can use these laws on us.
laws: 法律,法规
媒体不知道会怎样说我们
-Billie: What time is it?
几点了?
-Dillinger: It's 4:00 a. m., Sunday morning. What's wrong?
凌晨四点,今天是周日。怎么了?
-Billie: I don't want to sleep.
我不想睡。
-Dillinger: Why?
为什么?
-Billie: Because I want all the time we got.
因为我想享受跟你在一起的每分每秒。
-Dillinger: What if
假如
we could get out of here altogether?
altogeiher: 总共
我们能一起远走高飞怎样?
-Billie: Where?
去哪里?
Like Cuba?
去古巴?
-Dillinger: Maybe further.
further: 更远(的)
能更远。
Alvin's got this job. It's a big job, a lot of dough.
dough: 钱
Alvin想干一票。一大票,能拿很多钱。
We could go away on it.
go away: 离开
我们拿了钱就能远走高飞了。
We grab a Pan Am Clipper to Caracas,
grab: 抢去
我们乘邮轮去加拉加斯,
scoot on over to Rio for some fun in the sun,
scoot: 溜走
再到里约内卢去享受阳光。
slide off the map.
slide off: 周游
周游世界。
We could go dancing
我们一起跳舞。
and have a lot of laughs
laugh: 笑声
一起嬉戏。
any time we want.
任何时间都可以。
Want to take that ride with me?
ride with: 和我一起飞驶
你想要跟我一起走吗?
-Billie: Yeah, I want to take that ride with you.
我愿意,我愿意跟你一起走。
Where's the apartment?
apartment: 一套公寓房间
公寓在哪里?
-Dillinger: Oakley and Potomac.
Oakley和Potomac。
All right, the bartender's name is Larry Strong.
酒保的名字是Larry Strong。
He'll give you the keys.
他会把钥匙给你。
-John Probasco: Who brought you? How did you get here?
谁带你过来的?你怎么过来的?
-Billie: A taxi. I took a taxi.
出租车。我打车过来的。
-John Probasco: Let's go. Let's go, guys. Come on! Get her outside.
我们走,伙计们,我们走!把她带走。
Where is he?
他在哪里?
Where were you meeting? Where were you hiding out?
hid out: 躲藏
你们在哪里见面?你们在哪里藏身?
-Agent: Answer him or they'll drop you in a black hole in Cook County.
drop in: 顺便走访
回答他,不然他们会挖个坑把你活埋。
-John Probasco: Where is he?
他在哪里?
-Billie: I have to go to the bathroom.
我要去卫生间。
-John Probasco: Christ, look what you did.
天啊,看看你都干了些什么。
Where were you supposed to meet him?
你原打算在哪里会他的?
I can't hear you.
快说话。
I can't hear you!
快说话!
-Billie: We were supposed to meet at our apartment.
我们原打算在我们的公寓见面。
-John Probasco: Where?
哪里?
-Billie: On Addison.
在阿迪森大道。
-John Probasco: What number?
几号?
-Billie: 1148号
1148。
-John Probasco: When?
什么时候?
-Billie: Right now.
现在。
-John Probasco: Miss Roberts, can you reach Agent Purvis?
Roberts小姐,你能联系到Purvis探员吗?
-Miss Roberts: No. He's on his way back from Mooresville, Indiana.
不能。他还在路上从印地安纳州往回返。
He's going directly to Cook County Jail.
directly: 直接的
他会直接去库克县的监狱。
-John Probasco: John Dillinger's holed up at 1148 Addison.
John Dillinger藏在阿迪森大道1148号。
Where is he?
他在哪里?
-Billie: Well,
我说,
way the hell away from here by now, isn't he?
他早就不在这儿了,是么?
You wanted to know where he is, you dumb flatfoot.
你想知道他在哪里,你个傻瓜警察。
-Miss Roberts: Mr. Purvis, those men cannot treat a woman in this way.
treat: 对待
Purvis探员,那些男人不能那样对待一个女人。
-Billie: You walked right past him on State Street.
他本就在你的眼皮底子下在大街上。
You were too scared to look around.
scared to: 害怕做某事
是你自己不敢往四周看。
He was at the curb in that black Buick.
curb: 路缘
他的黑色别克车就停在路边。
You asked me how I got there, I told you I took a taxi,
你问我是怎么回来的,我说我打车回来,
and you believed me?
你竟然还相信了?
He dropped me off and was waiting for me.
drop off: (让...)下车
他把我送回来在那里等我。
And you walked right past him.
就在你眼皮底下
And when my Johnny finds out how you slapped around his girl,
slap: 用手掌拍打
若让Johnny知道你这样凌辱他的女人
-Billie:you know what happens to you, fat boy?
你知道会是什么下场,你个胖子!
-Purvis: Uncuff her.
uncuff: 松
松开她。
Restroom is down the hall.
restroom: 卫生间 hall: 门厅
卫生间在大厅。
-Billie: I can't stand up.
我站不起来。
-Purvis: Miss Rogers.
Rogers小姐,你带路。
-Mr. Nitti: Hello.
你好。
-Marty Zarkovich: I'm Marty Zarkovich. I was told to call you, Mr. Nitti.
我是Marty Zarkovich,有人让我打给你,Nitti先生。
I think I can get her to play ball.
我想我能让她跟我们合作。
-Mr. Nitti: Make sure.
确定么?
-Marty Zarkovich: Yes, sir, Mr. Nitti.
确定,Nitti先生。
-Bob: What did they say, Anna?
Anna,他们说什么了?
-Anna: They say they send me back to Romania.
他们说会把我潜回罗马尼亚。
-Bob: You know what to do.
你知道该怎么做了。
-Anna: Can they fix deportation? Can they do that?
deportation: 放逐
他们能让我留在美国么? 他们能做到么?
-Bob: These guys can fix anything.
他们什么都搞得定。
-Anna: Okay.
好吧。
I want guarantee.
我要他们保证。
-Purvis: If you aid us in apprehending John Dillinger,
apprehend: 逮捕
如果你帮助我们逮捕John Dillinger。
I give you my word
我就能给你保证,
I will do everything I can to influence Bureau of Immigration
influence: 势力
我会想尽办法在移民局疏通关系。
to let you stay in America.
让你留在美国。
-Anna: Not enough.
还不够。
-Purvis: Well, that's all there is.
我能做的就这些了。
-Anna: I want guarantee.
guarantee: 保证
我需要一份保证书。
-Purvis: Well, you're not gonna get one.
保证书你恐怕是拿不到了。
-Anna: I think you did this.
我想这是你的花招。
I think you told Immigration to pick me up
immigration: 移民入境
就是你让移民局找到我,
-Anna: and send me back to Romania.
是你指使他们把我潜回罗马尼亚。
-Purvis: How do you socialize with him?
socialize with: 与…交往
你怎样让我们见到他?
-Anna: We go out.
我们会一起出门,
Maybe tomorrow night. Maybe not.
也许是明晚,也许不是,
Maybe in a week, a month.
也许是一周后,一个月后。
Maybe never.
或许我们永远不会一起出去。
-Purvis: I will not guarantee what Immigration will do,
我可不能保证移民局的人会听我的,
but I can guarantee what I will do.
但是我能保证我会尽力帮你。
If you do not cooperate,
cooperate: 合作
要是你不合作,
you will be on a boat out of this country in 48 hours.
你48小时后就会坐小船被遣返。
Do not play games with me.
别跟我耍花招。
Who is "we"?
你们几个人一起出去?
-Anna: Me, him, Polly Hamilton, one of my girls.
我,他,还有Polly Hamilton我的朋友
-Purvis: How will we know?
你会怎样通知我们?
-Anna: I call you on the day when I know.
我们出去那天,我就会打给你。
-Dillinger: Did you get in there? Did you see her?
你进去了吗?见到她了?
-Bob: Yes, I did.
见到了。
She palmed me this note.
palme: 把…藏于手中
她塞给我这张纸条。
She told me what it said.
她告诉我信上写了什么,
That's good advice.
advice: 意见
她说得没错。
What are you doing here?
你打算怎么做?
-Dillinger: Meeting people.
见几个人。
-Alvin: On Tuesday, it'll carry the payrolls for seven factories around Rockford.
payroll: 工资表 factory: 工厂
周二,罗克福德附近7家工厂的工钱,会从这经过。
There's two ways in, two ways out.
有两条路进去,两条路出来。
Doc cuts the telephone lines five minutes before.
Doc五分钟前把这里的电话线都切断了。
Train arrives, you and I go in strong.
火车到这里后,你跟我就过去。
Harry handles the door and the safe.
handle: 处理
Harry放哨,看着保险箱。
Jimmy and Freddy drive.
Jimmy和Freddy开车。
-Dillinger: What do you figure?
figure: 计算
工资大概有多少?
-Alvin: About $1,500,000 to $1,700,000.
150万到170万美元。
$300,000 each.
一人分30万。
-Dillinger: Holy cow. Yeah.
holy: 神圣的
好大一笔钱。
We pull this Tuesday, I'm gone Wednesday.
我们周二干这一票,我周三就走。
-Alvin: Yeah. Where? Cuba?
去哪儿?古巴?
-Dillinger: No.
不是。
No. Where I go, I'm gonna have to go a lot farther than Cuba.
不是,我要去的地方,比古巴远多了。
-Alvin: Yeah.
是这样啊。
-Anna: Hi, Jimmy.
嗨,Jimmy。
-Dillinger: What do you say?
怎样?
-Anna: Polly, Jimmy's back!
Polly,Jimmy回来了!
-Dillinger: I tell you what, doll.
亲爱的,我告诉你。
How about you, Polly and me go out to a movie tonight?
我,你和Polly我们晚上出去看场电影如何?
Get in some refrigeration.
refrigeration: 冷冻
出去凉快凉快。
-Anna: Where do you want to go?
你想去哪里?
-Dillinger: Maybe the Marbro or the Biograph.
马博影院或是比欧格拉影院。
-Anna: Jimmy's taking us to the picture show.
picture show: 电影
Jimmy要带我们出去看电影。
-Polly: Mmm.
嗯。
-Anna: I'll go to the store later and make fried chicken for dinner.
看完电影后我去趟超市,我们买炸鸡回来当晚饭。
-Dillinger: Where you going?
你去哪里?
-Polly: Streetcar.
streetcar: 路面电车
我要坐电车出去。
I gotta go downtown to get my waitressing license.
waitress: 女服务员 license: 执照
我要去市里拿服务员执照。
-Dillinger: Hang on a minute. I'll take you. It's too damn hot in here.
等会儿,我跟你一起去,屋子里太热了。
-Polly: Yeah?
是么?
-Agent: Mr. Purvis. Anna Sage.
Purvis探员,Anna Sage的电话。
-Purvis: Afternoon, Miss Sage.
下午好,Sage小姐。
It is tonight!
今晚行动!
-Hoover: Anna Sage will be with him
Anna Sage今晚会跟他在一起。
and will wear a white blouse over an orange skirt.
blouse: 女衬衫
她会穿橙色裙子,白色衬衫。
That is how we will know it is him.
我们要看下,他是不是我们要找的人。
-Purvis: He may have changed his appearance.
appearance: 露面
他可能整过容了。
And we have not learned if he will go to the Marbro or the Biograph.
我们也不知道他会去马博影院还是比欧格拉影院。
-Agent: Two theaters?
theater: 戏院
两个电影院?
-Purvis: That's right.
是的。
-Winstead: What's playing?
放什么电影?
-Agent: Excuse me?
什么?
-Winstead: What's playing at the Marbro? What's playing at the Biograph?
马博电影院和比欧格拉影院分别放什么电影?
-Agent: A Shirley Temple movie called Little Miss Marker is at the Marbro.
马博电影院放的是Shirley Temple的《小麻烦》。
The Biograph is playing a gangster picture.
gangster: 匪徒
比欧格拉影院放的是黑社会片子。
starring Clark Gable, Manhattan Melodrama.
Clark Gable主演的,《男人的世界》。
-Winstead: John Dillinger ain't going to a Shirley Temple movie.
John Dillinger不会去看Shirley Temple的电影。
-Purvis: Sergeants Zarkovich and O'Neill, from the East Chicago Police Department,
department: 部门
东芝加哥警局的Zarkovich长官和O'Neill长官,
and Agent Winstead will be at the Biograph,
Winstead探员和你们在比欧格拉电影院守着,
as will I.
我也会在那里。
Now, Virgil Peterson, you will coordinate the Marbro.
coordinate: 协调
Virgil Peterson,你和马博电影院做好协调。
He will be armed and extremely dangerous.
armed: 有防卫武器的 extremely: 极端地 dangerous: 不安全的
他会配枪,非常危险。
-Dillinger: Is that it?
是这儿吗?
Yep.
是的。
I'll be right back.
我一会儿就回来。
-Dillinger: Hold on.
等等。
I'll go in with you.
我跟你一起进去。
-Polly:All right.
好吧。
It might take 10 minutes.
10分钟就能完事。
-Dillinger: I'll meet you outside.
我在外面等你。
-Voice: I'd like to see Babe take one more swing this season.
swing: 摆动
我们还期待Babe在这一季有突破。
But his leg is pretty sore.
pretty: 相当的 sore: 疼痛的
但是他的腿不太好。
He takes a bit of batting practice, but not very much.
batting: 击球 practice: 训练
他参加了几次集训,但练得不多。
-Dillinger: What's the score?
score: 得分
比分如何?
-Man: Cubs, 3-2, top of the 7th.
Cubs,3比2 排第7
-Voice: that's why he's out of today's game.
所以他今天不能比赛了。
The pitch is high. Ball one.
pitch: 扔
球投得很高,一振。
Broaca, the batter leading off for the Yankees,
batter: 连续猛击
Broaca,洋基队的头号击球手,
did not see the ball very well.
没有看好球。
-Agent: What's going on?
有什么情况没?
Nothing yet.
暂时没有。
They haven't shown up at the Marbro.
show up: 露面
他们还没在马博剧院出现。
-Voice: Blackie! Jim!
Blackie!Jim!
Well, you old son of a gun!
你这小子!
I say, you're looking swell, Jim.
swell: 肿(膨)胀
Jim你发福了呀!
Let's get a load of this Dempsey-Firpo binge, shall we?
binge: 无节制的行为
我们去看场重量级拳击如何,Dempsey与Firpo的对决?
Yeah, yeah. But when will we get together again? Gee, it's been weeks!
together: 共同 again: 再(又)一次
好啊,我们何时才能再见面,我们都几周没见了!
Well,what about tomorrow night? Saturday?
明天晚上如何?周六?
-Purvis: I will light my cigar when he's coming out.
cigar: 雪茄烟
他出来后,我就会点烟。
Zarkovich, O'Neill, you and your men
Zarkovich长官,O'Neill长官,你和你们的人,
take the hat store right across from the theater.
across: 穿过
从那家帽店走经影院去。
Smith, Suran, Clegg, take two agents, you cover the rear alley.
cover: 占
Smith,Suran带上两个人,你们守住后门。
And Rorer and Rice,
Rorer、Rice,
you stay in the car with Reinecke to the north.
你们待在车里,跟Reinecke一起把车开到北边
-Winstead: Clarence and I are gonna be in the doorway
gonna=going to doorway: 门口
Clarence跟我一起守在前门。
30 feet south of the theater entrance.
theater: 剧场 entrance: 入口
我们会在离门口30尺的南边。
Gerry, you're in the tan sedan just to the north of the entrance.
tan: 棕褐色 sadan: 箱式小轿车
Gerry,你把车停在出口处的北边。
In case he walks north?
他可能逃向北边?
He ain't gonna walk north, Mr. Purvis.
他不会走北边的,Purvis探员。
He's gonna head south, cut through the alley back to her place.
他会走南边,穿过小巷逃回家。
-Purvis: Madala.
Madala。
-Voice: Hello, Gallagher.
你好啊,Gallagher。
Hello, Snow.
你好啊,Snow。
Must be something pretty important,
pretty: 相当 important: 重要的
一定有什么重要的事情吧,
getting me in here in the middle of the game.
比赛中途把我叫出来。
What do you want?
有什么事?
I want to do a little favor for a friend.
我要帮一个朋友一点小忙。
You're the governor. You can save his life.
governor: 主管 save: 救
你是负责人,你能救他的。
He's guilty. The jury says so.
guilty: 有罪的 jury: 陪审团
他犯了法,陪审团判他有罪。
Goodbye, Blackie.
Blackie再见了。
Goodbye, Jim.
再见了,Jim。
I can't help it, Blackie.
我不能放着你不管Blackie。
I'm not gonna let you die.
gonna=going to 将要
我不会眼睁睁看你死。
I've got to commute you.
commute: 减(刑)
我会让他们给你减刑。
You think you're doing me a favor
do one favor: 帮助
你以为让我一辈子。
by keeping me locked up in this filthy trap for the rest of my life?
lock up: 把……监禁起来
关在这个鬼地方就是帮我的忙了?
No, thanks. Come on, warden, let's go.
warden: 监察员
你的好意我心领了,警卫,带我进去吧。
So long, Blackie.
so long: 再见
再见了,Blackie。
Kid, keep your chin up and your nose clean.
chin: 下巴 nose: 鼻子
不要哭哭啼啼的。
Die the way you lived, all of a sudden, that's the way to go.
sudden: 突然地
生得潇洒,死得洒脱,那突然死去,我也无悔。
Don't drag it out.
drag: 累赘
我不要苟延残喘。
Living like that doesn't mean a thing.
mean: 意思是
那样活着一点意思都没有。
-Purvis: What did he say?
他说什么了?
-Winstead: I couldn't hear him.
我没听清。
-Purvis: You take care of this. I need to go call Washington.
take care of: 照料
你先照看这块儿,我得打个电话回总部。
-Winstead: How you doing, Billie?
Billie,最近如何?
I'm Special Agent Winstead.
specail: 特殊的 agent: 特工
我是特别探员Winstead。
-Billie: If you've come here to ask me more damn questions...
damn: 该死
如果你来这儿是想问…
Where's this one or that one?
这人藏在哪里或者那人藏在哪里?
-Winstead: I didn't come here for you to ask me something.
我不是来问你话的。
I came here to tell you something.
我是来通知你些事情的。
-Billie: They say you're the man who shot him.
听说是你开枪打死他的。
-Winstead: That's right. One of them.
他们都开枪了。我是其中之一。
-Billie: So why are you coming here to see me?
那你还过来找我干什么?
To see the damage you've done?
damage: 损害
来看看我有多伤心?
-Winstead: No.
不是的。
I came here because he asked me to.
是他让我来的。
When he went down, he said something.
他倒下后,说了些事情。
I put my ear next to his mouth,
我用耳朵贴近他的嘴唇,
and what I think he said was this.
我想他是在说。
He said,
“他说,”
“Tell Billie for me,
“替我告诉Billie”,
Bye-bye, blackbird.”
再见了,黑鸟。”
词汇解析:April Kiki 校对:Sarah



评 论